- So I look like a scarecrow-- That will be my symbol-- a symbol of poverty and fear combined! The perfect symbol... The Scarecrow!
- -- Jonathan Crane src
Jonathan Crane was a university professor whom was obsessed with rare books, and decided to become a criminal, running rackets so that he can steal the money he needs to buy more books. He decided to use fear as his choice weapon and for this purpose, he took on the identity of the Scarecrow. His activities brought about the attention of Batman and Robin, who through their keen detective skills learned the Scarecrows' true identity and easily apprehended him.
Returning as the Scarecrow a few years later, Crane robs a hat show leaving behind a clues that rhyme with the word hat. Once more Batman and Robin hunt down the Scarecrow, and track him down to an antique shop, where a small statue of a chinese scarecrow carved out of jade catches the villains' eye. However Batman and Robin intervene and return the criminal and his gang to prison.
- This version of Scarecrow, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Jonathan Crane (Earth-Two)
- 6 Images featuring Jonathan Crane (Earth-Two)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jonathan Crane (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Crane (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."