- Never mess with a particle physicist... jerk.
- -- John Fox src
When the radioactive villain, Manfred Mota, brought death and destruction to the Central City of 2645, the Academy decided to send John into the past to retrieve one or more of the three Flashes to help defeat Mota. His mission was a failure, but the tachyon radiation that powered his journey gave him superspeed. He subsequently sent Mota through the timestream to the year 50 billion AD.
John set up an identity as the Flash, even changing his hair color to protect his secret identity. His glory lasted a very short while, because he was assigned to guard duty at the Time Institute after super fast robots known as Speed Metal had been introduced.
After a time-tossed Wally West came to his era, hinting that he may not have been able to get home, John remembered something from history. At the end of the twentieth century, an ice age occurred, setting back human civilization. He was afraid that if Wally had been able to get home, he would have stopped it. So John took some chronal gauntlets designed by Rel Vidar from the Institute and sets off for 1996.
There, John designed a new costume for himself and began operating as the Flash in Wally's absence. He soon fell in love with Wally's girlfriend, Linda Park. He was unable to stop the beginning of the Ice Age, which had been set off by Abra Kadabra and Polaris, but after Wally returned, they stopped it together.
However, Speed Metal soon caught on to his absence. They followed him to the 20th century, accusing him of violating the Time Travel Accord of 2659 and the theft of government-related time travel technologies. Again, he and Wally worked to together to stop them. Speed Metal would know to look for him in the 20th century after their operatives never returned, so John decided to leave for another era. John later appears in the 853rd century with the Justice Legion A.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Increased Perceptions: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- 39 Appearances of Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- The Flash at dccomics.com
- The Flash at Wikipedia.org
- Flash #111-118 (April-October, 1996)
- Flash Secret Files #1 (November, 1997)
- Flash Special #1 (1990)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|DC One Million Character |
This character was created during DC One Million, and is a part of its possible future in the 853rd Century. DC One Million was a massive company-wide crossover event published in 1998.
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.