Jonathan Kent and his wife Martha were farmers in Smallville, Kansas. When an alien ship crashed on the side of the road, they discovered a child inside. That child was Kal-El, the last son of Krypton. They took the child in as their own adopted son and named him Clark. As Clark began to experience that he had super powers, Jonathan would often give him advice as to what to do with these powers. He often suggested he keep them a secret because the world might not be ready for someone like him.
After Clark saved a bus full of school children from drowning after the bus had gone off of a bridge, Mr. Kent revealed to his son his real origins. That he was from another planet. This confused the young Clark Kent as to why his real parents would give him up. He reassured the boy that no matter what he was still his son.
Years later, Clark and Jonathan were arguing while driving down the road. Clark told Jonathan that he was not his real dad, to which he replied, "You're right, no I'm not." The argument ended when they saw a tornado coming their way. They all got out of the truck and helped people get to the over pass for safety. A woman cried for help, her dog was stuck inside her car. Jonathan went to help her. As Clark went to save his father form the storm, he just put his hand out, the wind snapped his neck but he stood strong and told his son not to come for him.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Man of Steel and is an adaptation of Pa Kent. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Superman #1.
- Jonathan Kent was portrayed by Kevin Costner.
- Jonathan was born in 1951 and died in 1997.
- 3 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (DC Extended Universe)
- 5 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (DC Extended Universe)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: