This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.
- And there's one thing I do know, son, and that is you are here for a reason.
- -- Jonathan Kent src
Jonathan Kent was the man who found the star ship that carried Jor-El's son Kal-El to Earth as it crash-landed in Smallville. He also discovered that young Kal-El also had superpowers, as he as a three-year-old boy easily lifted up Jonathan's pickup truck after it fell off its jack. Jonathan taught Kal-El, whom he named Clark Kent after the middle name of his wife Martha Kent, that he was given powers for a reason, and not for just showing off in front of his friends as he did when he outraced them back to his own house. In Clark's late teens, Jonathan suffered a fatal stroke and died, leaving Martha a widow and his adopted son Clark feeling shameful that, with all his powers, he was unable to save his father.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Donnerverse film series and is an adaptation of Pa Kent. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Superman #1.
- Jonathan Kent was portrayed by Glenn Ford in the 1978 film Superman.
- 1 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- 2 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)