Jonathan Kent was married to Martha Kent and they adopted Kal-El as their son, who they named Clark Kent. A few years later, a lady from the Smallville Orphanage requested the Kents to adopt another kid, whose parents were recently murdered. Martha agreed and soon, the Kents adopted Bruce Wayne, who became Bruce Kent.
Both Kent children grew up and became the notorious crime fighters Batman and Superman. When Bruce finally received the heritage from his deceased parents, he moved to Wayne Manor along with the Kents. Martha and Jonathan retired and sold their store in order to move to Gotham. Unfortunately, shortly after their arrival, they were kidnapped by the ruthless criminal Lex Luthor, who used them to lure Batman into a trap. When Batman managed to overcome Luthor's traps, the criminal killed the Kents, much to Batman's sorrow.
- This version of Jonathan Kent, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (Earth-172)
- 1 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (Earth-172)
- Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (Earth-172)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (Earth-172)