Jonathan Kent was the foster father of Kal-El, the last son of Krypton who was raised by the Kents and given the name Clark Kent. As Clark discovered that he had powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, Jonathan helped him to use those powers for good by having him adopt the identity of Superboy in his early teens. In 1920 he helped Superboy rescue Bruce Wayne when he was being kidnapped by the Ultra-Humanite by shooting the power generator on the villain's back, permanently immobilizing him. Then he tried to warn Bruce's parents Thomas and Martha through the Chronoscope of their impending death. However, Jonathan eventually discovered that instead of avoiding their fate, the Waynes chose to let their fate unfold so that their son Bruce would become a greater force for good by becoming Batman. Jonathan then sent a message into the future time of 2019 to tell the now-grown Bruce Wayne of the fate his parents had chosen, which made Bruce realize that the decision was for the best because it had touched countless lives.
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 2 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (Earth-3839)