When Clark Kent was in his early twenties, Jonathan and Martha went on a vacation in the Caribbean where they discovered a buried treasure chest. Opening the chest released a virulent alien micro-organism that infected both of them. Young Clark tried to save them, but failed. Both Jonathan and Martha passed away at the same time. 
Several years later, aliens fulfilled a wish to Jonathan Kent, and allowed him one more day with this adult son, Superman although nobody on Earth would remember it.
- This version of Jonathan Kent, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- He was first specifically addressed as Jonathan Kent in Adventure Comics #149.
- Jonathan Kent's final appearance is generally considered Superman #161 (in flashback), though his death was also shown earlier in Action Comics #158. The cause of his death was illustrated in flashback in Superman #363
- 303 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (Earth-One)
- 8 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (Earth-One)
Superman Family member