- Frankly, I don't much care what happens to you. But your little war games are keeping me from going back "home." So call off your hounds before I tear off your head and punt it into space.
- -- Superboy src
Born under a yellow sun, he had great power, until he fell ill three weeks before his fourth birthday. Neither Superman nor Lex Luthor could find the cause, and they believed he died shortly after. Time traveler Harvest did know what was wrong with the kid, and knew it was only temporary. It was a natural side effect of his mixed genes. He took the boy's body and cured him of his ailments with advanced future medical technology. Harvest raised him as his own, and used him as an instrument in his ongoing battle against "metas". With hate and violence, he created a perfect soldier. When he was in his teens, Jon again suffered from the unstable genes, and Harvest knew the only way to save him was with new DNA samples from his parents. He created a clone of Superman and Lois, Kon-El, to supply the proper genetic material.
Jon is first encountered by the Teen Titans after they were thrown into the future by Johnny Quick, where they find the superhuman population decimated by the son of Superman: Jon Kent, whom Kon-El was cloned from. After a confrontation with the Justice League of this era, lead by a grown up Beast Boy, Conner is attacked by Jon while alone.
The confrontation ends with Con grievously wounding Jon, but is then pulled back into the timestream. The League finds Jon unconscious, and in hopes of preventing their present, dresses Jon in a costume like Con's and sends him with the Titans who are unaware of the switch.
As Jon wakes up, he pretends to be Conner while plotting his next move, realizing that he could end up back in time and prevent himself from becoming the monster he is by preemptively killing off all meta-humans and finding a cure for himself. So far however his plans have hit a snag, of sorts, as Raven has seen through the deception but is currently permitting and subtly aiding his continued venture, as it furthers her own goals for the time being.
Jon eventually end in the present time. Recruited for the Advanced Ideas Division of S.T.A.R. Labs, Jon accepted the offer of Dr. Grey with the objective of change the future and under the promise of a permanent cure for his condition. But in the company of these people Jon started to understand more about the human condition and developed care for his companions, changing his attitude and doubting Harvest teachings.
When Jon and his team went on a secret lab of NOWHERE they found the preserved body of Jon himself his past self, before being cured. When present Jon and past Jon touched they created a paradox sphere, a pocket universe of an altered reality and summoned the presence of several alternate Superboys, including Kon-El himself.
When they saw under the attack of the illness Jon and his army of mind controlled Superboys'. Jon in a last selfless action, he sacrifice his own existence inside the pocket. Returning Kon-El to the present as the only Superboy and cancelling his own timeline. This leaving the clone as a time paradox existence.
- Unique Physiology: As the son of Superman and Lois Lane, Jon Kent has a unique DNA sequence which combines both human and Kryptonian physiology. As such Jon has access to powerful abilities which he has shown to develop since he was born.
- Telekinesis: Jon's telekinesis is extremely advanced. He can use it to create subtle effects as well as larger, more destructive assaults. Through intelligent use of his telekinesis, Jon is also capable of a number of other feats.
- Invisibility: Though he cannot do this with enormous success, Jon can use TK to bend light around him, making him invisible at least until someone disturbs him.
- Enhanced Senses: By touching the solid face of a building, Jon can see everything within the building.
- Force Field: Jon can use his telekinesis to create fields that block both physical and energy attacks.
- Telepathy: Although the extent of his psionic abilities are not fully known, Jon can at the very least extract thoughts from individuals with low psychic defenses.
- Power Absorption: When Jon kills a metahuman, he can feed off their energy, becoming stronger.
- Superhuman Strength: As the son of Superman, Jon Kent has superhuman strength. He's strong enough to lift multiple human beings out into space, strong enough to strangle Wonder Girl and strong enough to topple through buildings without his telekinesis.
- Self-Sustenance: Jon Kent does not need to breathe in space. He can speak in the vacuum of space just fine.
- Leadership: Under the tutelage of Harvest, Jon has learned how to control the masses. However, Harvest assumes he was a quick study due to his already controlling nature.
- Cellular Incompatability: Jon's body is not the perfect union between man and alien. He suffers from crippling spasms which can kill him if he is not saved by futuristic technology. It claimed his life once and twice before Harvest put him in stasis.
- 16 Appearances of Jonathan Lane Kent (Prime Earth)
- 12 Images featuring Jonathan Lane Kent (Prime Earth)
- 7 Quotations by or about Jonathan Lane Kent (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Lane Kent (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.