- The ship will get him there. I know, I built it. That was the plan: save everyone in the Phantom Zone, travel to Earth and then release them. Now it's only good for a lifeboat. And the passenger will be my son. The last son of Krypton.
Jor-El brilliant Kryptonian scientist who predicted the destruction of his people and planet. Krypton is ruled by a council of Scientists, for which he served loyally for years. Even taking down the rogue Kryptonian General Jax-Ur and his second in command Mala and wth the councils judgment they are trapped in the Phantom Zone. Jor-el was married to Lara Sul-Van, daughter Sul-Van a member of the council. He and Lara had a son they named Kal-El.
While he was conducting research on a series of earthquakes, Jor-El discovered evidence that the planet would soon be destroyed. He perepared a plan before speaking with the Council. He built a small one man craft to carry him to another planet. He would place all the Kryptonians in the Phantom Zone and release them when they reach Earth.
His findings were deliberately dismissed by Brainiac the planets most advanced computer. The Council followed Brainiac's findings. He investigated, and found that Brainiac was lying as he planned to download into a satellite and escape. It was by then to late for Krypton was to explode in a matter of hours. Jor-El used his spacecraft to save his only son. He set the ship to auto-pilot and send him to Earth, Jor-El offered to send Lara with him. She refused, saying that her place was with her husband.
- 17 Appearances of Jor-El (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Jor-El (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jor-El (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Jor-El (DCAU)
- Jor-El at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Kryptonian Science Council
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Superman Family member