Shortly after his he finished his primary education, Jor-El II started his career as a scientist. On his first day he met one of his superiors, Jax-Ur, and his wife to be, Lara Lor-Van. Jor-El and Lara married a short time later.
Early on during his career Jor-El discovered that Krypton was on the verge of its own destruction. Jor-El notified Krypton's Science Council of his findings and got what he needed in order to prepare for a mass evacuation of Krypton.
Jor-El's Best Friend
Jor-El eventually hired an assistant, but unknown to him it was his own time traveling son, Kal-El, who had come back in time to meet and help his father in his evacuation effort of Krypton. They had created a prototype space ark in Kandor, the home of Jor-El's twin brother, Nim-El and his wife Dondra Klu-Ta.
Shortly after Brainiac stole Kandor, Jor-El's father died, another event witnessed by Kal-El. After a short mourning period Kal-El realized he was about to be conceived and thus returned back to his own time.
The Last Son of Krypton
On The Science Council
Shortly after the birth of his son, Jor-El discovered the Phantom Zone and he then created the Phantom Zone Projector and in order to win a seat on the new Kryptonian Science Council (Since Kandor was Krypton's capital city, the Kryptonian Science Council was based there and when Brainiac stole Kandor, he also stole the Kryptonian Science Council.), Jor-El presented his discovery and creation to be considered for membership on the new Council. Jor-El won the seat and criminals on Krypton would now be banished for a period of time in the Phantom Zone.
Shortly thereafter Jax-Ur was testing a missile system, which went bad and destroyed Krypton's only inhabited moon, Wegthor. As a result Jax-Ur was sentence to spend eternity in the Phantom Zone for the death of the 500 colonist on Wegthor. After the destruction of Wegthor the Kryptonian Science Council forbade all forms of space travel and space craft experimentation.
The lowest point in his family life was when Jor-El had to sentence his own cousin, Kru-El, to the Phantom Zone for terrorist activities and creating forbidden weapons.
Jor-El continued working in secret on space crafts to evacuate the planet. Working so hard that he was not taking care of his own health and as a result while in a weakened state the banished criminals used the telepathy that being in the zone gave them to control him and force him to release them from the Phantom Zone, but Lara threw Jor-El and just in time reversed the procedure.
Krypton's Last Days
As Krypton's doom approached Jor-El used experimental animals to test his space crafts. One such animal, Beppo, a Kryptonian monkey was missing when Jor-El needed him so he substituted baby Kal-El's Kryptonian puppy, Krypto for the test flight, which never returned.
On the eve of Krypton's destruction a spacecraft landed near Jor-El's home. Jor-El and Lara rushed to warn the pilot off. Jor-El gave the pilot, a Daxamite named Lar Gand, and warned him about Krypton's laws about space travel. Lar Gand escaped the Kryptonian authorities just in time to keep from being arrested.
A short time later that day Krypton began to quake so Jor-El, realizing he had run out of time, placed baby Kal-El into the experimental space craft. Aware that his son would develop superhuman abilities under a yellow sun, Jor-El devised pills that would restore Kal-El's powers if he ever lost them on Earth, but he was unable to place the box containing the pills in Kal-El's rocket before he launched it.  Jor-El launched the rocket with Krypton's last son and Beppo, an unknown stowaway toward it's destination, Earth.
Jor-El died on Krypton, but his son lived on as Superman.
- Genius Level Intellect: Jor-El possessed a keen analytic mind and was regarded as one of Krypton's most accomplished scientists.
- This version of Jor-El II (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- According to one possibly apocryphal account, Jor-El and Lara escaped Krypton's destruction in a suspended animation capsule thanks to one Dr. Krylo, but when Superboy discovered them floating in space 15 years later he learned he could not revive them as they both had fatal Kryptonite radiation poisoning.
- 135 Appearances of Jor-El II (Earth-One)
- 15 Images featuring Jor-El II (Earth-One)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jor-El II (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jor-El II (Earth-One)
- Jor-El at dccomics.com
- Jor-El at Wikipedia.org
- Jor-El article at Wikipedia
- Jor-El article at Supermanica
Superman Family member