|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
Like many in his family, Jor-El was a respected scientist and a patriarch of the noble House of El. to the amazement of his colleagues, he succesfully created an experimental rocket-ship capable of traveling through hyperspace. Jor-El personally embarked upon a one-man journey to the Sol System wherein he discovered a small habitable world known as Earth. Returning to Krypton he kept extensive notes concerning Earth and passed them down to his first son, Jor-El II. Knowledge of this planet inspired the son to one day send his own child Kal-El to Earth when catastrophe struck the planet Krypton, ending all life on the tortured world.
- Under a yellow sun, he would gain powers equal to that possessed by Superman.
- This version of Jor-El I (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Jor-El I (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Jor-El I (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Jor-El I (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jor-El I (Earth-One)
- ↑ if Kalya Var-El is really Jor-El II's aunt, it is assumed that Var-El is the name of Jor-El I's father, due to the Kryptonian custom of daughters receiving surname based on the name of their fathers.