Joe Callen was the leader of a criminal organization specializing in racketeering. He had an office in the Ritz-Kat Club.
When he received word that a scientist named Norris had developed a formula capable of turning living things into stone, he was intrigued by the idea of using it against his enemies. He had Norris abducted and ordered an unsuccessful attempt at killing the scientist's colleague, Jay Garrick. After Norris completed a large batch of his formula, Callen's men began abducting people off the streets, including Joan Williams, to test the formula on. This led the Flash to his operation, but he captured the speedster and also turned him into stone. He made a fortune charging admission for other criminals to come see the speedster's statue. However, his success was short-lived, as a blood plasma formula the Flash had injected himself with beforehand enabled him to free himself from his statue form and bring an end to Callen's operation.
- This version of Joseph Callen (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Joseph Callen (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Joseph Callen (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Joseph Callen (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Callen (Earth-Two)