- I shoulda shot the kid right there. I shoulda done him first. Three for three.
- -- Joe Chill src
Over the period when Bruce Wayne left Gotham, traveling the world, Chill built up a small criminal empire with a front which includes a legitimate business. He became a man of consequence.
One of the first things Bruce did upon becoming the Batman was to torment Chill for weeks. Paranoid, hiring guards and living in his office, Chill lived on tenterhooks, until the night the Batman came for him. However, instead of killing him, as Chill had expected, he handed Chill the handgun with which he had killed the Waynes all those years ago. The horror of the realization that the Batman was that boy, and what his criminal associates would do to him when they found this out, drove him to take his own life.
- 57 Appearances of Joseph Chilton (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Joseph Chilton (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Joseph Chilton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Chilton (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Copy Edit Needed
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."