Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lieutenant Joe Higgins was dying in the dirt of a battlefield in Afghanistan when they whisked him away to a top-secret facility and saved his life with nanotechnology so experimental they couldn't dare to use it on a living man. Now Higgins has been enlisted to a whole new mission – to be the public face of the American fighting man as the patriotic Shield! But today's grueling military battles test the limits of patriotism and the limits of the technology that keeps him alive. And the shocking secret behind that technology may be too much for his bullet-riddled heart to bear.
- The Shield Suit: A new form of nanotechnology was merged with a layer of his epidermis. In relaxed state, it's essentially invisible, but at reflex action or mental command, it encases his body in a hardened warsuit that is nearly indestructible.
- Thre Shield is based on the MLJ Comics character of the same name. He first appeared in Shield-Wizard Comics #1.
- His name is given by General Latham as "James Multoon Higgins" in Red Circle: The Shield #1, while he refers to himself as Joseph in an email to the Web.
- 25 Appearances of Joseph Higgins (New Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Joseph Higgins (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Joseph Higgins (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Higgins (New Earth)