- Let the prisoner face... the Judge!
- -- The Judge src
Clay was a corrupt judge from Gotham City, who killed a criminal for having information that would implicate him in several crimes. During the investigation of the murder of his victim, Clay's daughter Melissa, was accidentally grazed by a bullet in her forehead, causing permanent blindness. Clay blamed Batman for her daughter's blindness, because the Caped Crusader caused the criminal to fire the gun.
A few years later, Clay adopted the costumed identity of "The Judge" and he developed a series of traps on an abandoned resort. Clay then kidnapped Robin to lure Batman into his trap, but when the time came, Batman managed to elude all the traps and Robin also broke free. His daughter Melissa, tried to talk sense to him and stop him from his vendetta against Batman, but Clay didn't listen. This caused the ultimate death of Melissa, who was victim of one of Clay's own traps. After this and filled with regret, Clay allowed Batman to turn him to the authorities and he confessed his past crimes.
- This version of the Judge, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Judge (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Judge (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Judge (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Judge (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."