Julia Remarque was the daughter of Alfred Pennyworth and the French heroine Mademoiselle Marie, though due to her mother's dangerous lifestyle she was actually raised by her mother's friend Jacques Remarque.
For years, Julia was unaware about her mother's fate until she asked Jaques and he told her the story about Marie's last known days. Julia learned that Marie was shot and after the attack, she only muttered the name "Alfred". Julia assumed that Marie was calling for her killer and in order to avenge her death, Julia lured Alfred to a trap, where he would have to stand trial for the murder of Marie. Batman intervened and found the real killer, but Julia didn't learn the truth about Alfred at that moment.
Following Jacques' death, Julia traveled to America to seek out her real father, and found him working as Bruce Wayne's butler.
- This version of Julia Pennyworth, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 28 Appearances of Julia Remarque (Earth-One)
- 4 Images featuring Julia Remarque (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Julia Remarque (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Julia Remarque (Earth-One)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.