Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Just so we understand each other. The Calendar Man is being forgotten. I can't have that.
- -- Calendar Man src
Calendar Man is fascinated by dates and calendars – even his real name is a pun on the Julian and Gregorian calendars. His crimes always have a relationship to the date that they are committed. The theme may be related to what day of the week it is or to a holiday or to a special anniversary on that date; he will plan his crime around that day. He often wears different costumes which correspond to the significance of the date, though he does have a main costume which has various numbers (meant to represent days on a calendar) sprouting from the shoulders.
On his first documented case, the Calendar Man began committing a string of crimes based on the four seasons. Inevitably, this brought him into conflict with the Caped Crusaders Batman and Robin. Their encounter ended when Batman unmasked Julian who was disguised as an Indian magician (representing the "5th Season", Monsoon season).
Although captured, Calendar eventually returned to plague Gotham City, armed with a new costume and a new gang of henchmen. Batman defeated him on at least two separate occasions before Julian joined the short-lived "Misfits" (a group of under-appreciated Batman foes).
While the Calender Man was being treated at Arkham Asylum, a serial killer named Holiday began killing Gotham's mob bosses on holidays. Calender Man agreed to help Batman, but only because he believed that he was "being forgotten". Calender Man managed to deduce that the killer was Alberto Falcone but hid the information from Batman. After escaping Arkham, Calendar Man tortured Alberto by pretending to be the ghost of his late father Carmine, telling him to take over the Five Families of the Mafia. Calender Man attempted to kill Alberto, but was attacked by Sofia Gigante. Gigante ruthlessly beat the Calendar Man, and broke his jaw. The Calendar Man was later found by police and taken back to Arkham. Another holiday-themed killer surfaced called Hangman.
- Gadgetry: Successful inventor, capable of designing the machinery needed to deploy his various schemes.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Because his crimes are generally petty and often ridiculous in nature, he is notorious among both heroes and villains alike for being something of a joke.
- Abbreviations of the months are tattooed around his head in a circle.
- 35 Appearances of Julian Day (New Earth)
- 40 Images featuring Julian Day (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Julian Day (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Julian Day (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."