In Central City, the Flash and Green Lantern chase a speeding van. Once they catch up with the van, they find it to be carrying containers of radioactive isotopes. They then check the drivers' ID cards and find that both are scientists at the institute from which the isotopes were stolen. The scient
- The gorilla talked to you?
Appearing in "The Brave and the Bold, Part I"
- Solovar (First appearance)
- Gorilla Grodd (First appearance)
- Sarah Corwin (First appearance)
- Arthur Chin (Single appearance)
- Mark Stephens (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Brave and the Bold, Part I"
In Central City, the Flash and Green Lantern chase a speeding van. Once they catch up with the van, they find it to be carrying containers of radioactive isotopes. They then check the drivers' ID cards and find that both are scientists at the institute from which the isotopes were stolen. The scientists, however, appear to be very confuse and do not remember of their theft as if they awoken from a trance.
Flash and Green Lantern travel to the institute and question the scientists' colleague, Dr. Sarah Corwin. She state that she has no information on her colleagues' behavior. While she speaks to Green Lantern, Flash notice an adult gorilla among the lab's test monkeys. The heroes are later called to another bizarre report of a gorilla apparently terrorizing the citizens and is driving away in a car. Flash catches up on the gorilla, who then suddenly speaks, telling a surprised Flash to stay away from him. Unnoticed by Flash, Dr. Corwin fires Flash with some kind of energy ray.
Flash experience a series of bizarre hallucinations before waking up to find himself in a jail cell. He is interrogated and shown by the police of a surveillance tape of him stealing the isotopes from the police impound. Green Lantern bails Flash and angrily demand of what he did. Flash insists that he is innocent and that he doesn't even remember of why he stole the isotopes. All he remembers is his encounter with the talking gorilla.
The two soon tracks down the gorilla, who then introduce himself as Solovar, chief of security of Gorilla City; a civilization of peaceful hyper-intelligent gorillas like himself. He explains to them that he is chasing after a rogue gorilla scientist named Grodd, who developed a mind control helmet that he tried to use to take over the other gorillas. However, the gorillas developed a resistance to the helmet and forcing Grodd to flee Gorilla City, but sworn revenge on his kind. Furthermore, Solovar's investigation on Grodd followed a lead on an email correspondence between the gorilla scientist and Dr. Corwin. The scientists were working together and responsible for the stolen isotopes.
Flash and Green Lantern agrees to help Solovar, but the former immediately runs back to the institute before Solovar could explain that he has a small supply of electronic headbands that will shield a person from Grodd’s mind control. As Solovar had feared, Flash is ambushed and mind-controlled by Grodd. By the time the others arrive, Grodd sics Flash on them as he and Corwin use the isotopes to power a machine in the heart of Central City, which he then activates. Green Lantern manages to knock out Flash, but he and Solovar are too late from stopping Grodd and Corwin, who then fled on a hoverbike. Grodd's machine emits a colossal energy surge which consumes Central City and leaves nothing behind.
- No notes.
- Solovar's first lines, "Get your stinking paws off me, you filthy human!", is a tribute to the famous line in the 1968 film Planet of the Apes, spoken by a human to intelligent apes, who believed that humans are unable to talk.
- Flash's hallucination sequence features several references to various covers of different Flash/Barry Allen comics: overweight Flash (The Flash #115), Puppet Flash (The Flash #133), three-sided mirror/distortion (The Flash #115 & The Flash #136), and big-headed Flash (The Flash #177, Green Lantern (Volume 2) #13, & Justice League of America #7).
- 1 Images from Justice League (TV Series) Episode: The Brave and the Bold, Part I
- Episodes of Justice League (TV Series)
- Images from Justice League (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Justice League (TV Series) series
Links and References