As the story begins with what sounds like John Stewart (Green Lantern) and Shayera Hol (Hawkgirl) spending some private time together on the Watchtower, they are actually fighting with each other over tapping into bank records, which John finds truly annoying. Meanwhile, a television studio executiv
- Is it just me or is there something going on between those two? Will Green Lantern ever admit to his feelings? Will Hawkgirl ever stop sublimating her passions with that big honking mace? Will true love conquer all? Not on my show!
Appearing in "Wild Cards, Part I"
- Headmaster (Flashback only)
- Network executive
- Old lady at slot machine
Synopsis for "Wild Cards, Part I"
As the story begins with what sounds like John Stewart (Green Lantern) and Shayera Hol (Hawkgirl) spending some private time together on the Watchtower, they are actually fighting with each other over tapping into bank records, which John finds truly annoying. Meanwhile, a television studio executive gets a visit from Batman, saying that he had sold air time to a company called Gwynplaine Entertainment, curtly explaining that "Gwynplaine is the Joker!" This terrifies the exec to where he calls the control room to pull the plug on the signal just as it's about to go live. Immediately the signal goes dead...but not for long, as the Joker has bought air time on other networks to present his own "reality TV show" where he has planted a bomb somewhere in Las Vegas which he hopes to see Batman and the Justice League defuse within a certain amount of time.
- No notes.
- Batman's deduction that Gwynplaine Entertainment is the Joker turns out to be interestingly correct, as Gwynplaine, a character from the Victor Hugo story/movie The Man Who Laughs played by actor Conrad Veidt, was Bob Kane's template for the creation of the Joker.
- All the members of the Royal Flush Gang in this episode were voiced by actors for the main characters of the Teen Titans TV series:
- Scott Menville (Robin) voiced King
- Tara Strong (Raven) voiced Queen
- Khary Payton (Cyborg) voiced Ten
- Greg Cipes (Beast Boy) voiced Jack
- Hynden Walch (Starfire) voiced Ace
- 4 Images from Justice League (TV Series) Episode: Wild Cards, Part I
- Episodes of Justice League (TV Series)
- Images from Justice League (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Justice League (TV Series) series
Links and References