- Was that -- Gumby?
- -- Huntress, seeing J'onn in his true form for the first time.
Appearing in "Crossed Wires!"
- Justice League Europe (Cover only)
- Gray Man (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "Crossed Wires!"
At an unnamed location in Eastern Europe, the Spectre broods over the utter destruction of a small village, where he encounters the Gray Man. Meanwhile, at the Secret Sanctuary, Mister Miracle and Blue Beetle have enhanced the JLI's Shuttle, and in New York, Fire and Ice have donned new costumes. Doctor Fate (Linda Strauss) arrives at the Justice League Embassy by phasing through the building. Her sudden appearance startles Fire, causing her to unleash the full fury of her recently enhanced flame powers. Batman has arrived and is complaining about the League's lax security when they both hear the commotion.
Dr. Fate has come to offer herself to the JLI, an invitation which Max Lord heartily accepts. Batman finds Guy Gardner playing video games while on monitor duty. Once Guy's juvenile antics end, an emergency call comes in from Sue Dibny. The JLI boards the Shuttle, which Scott and Ted brag endlessly about, while Fire tries to show off her new costume to Booster Gold.
Sue worries about Ralph and the Justice League Europe, who are incommunicado. The news reports on television tell of scenes of carnage and military combat between the cities of Schaapsburg and Kriegstadt. The JLI proceed to land the Shuttle in the midst of the devastation.
- This is part 1 of "The Teasdale Imperative." This issue continues into Justice League Europe #7.
- While technically part of the first JLE/JLA crossover, this issue serves more as a prelude to the story and features none of the costumed members of Justice League Europe.
Blue Beetle and Mister Miracle refer to the Secret Sanctuary being used by the Morrison-era Doom Patrol, a team which has few connections to regular DC continuity.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League America Vol 1 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League America series
Links and References
- No external links.