- There is nowhere to run, Justice League. The hate of Despero moves slowly, but it moves unstoppably.
- -- Despero
Appearing in "Breakdowns: Postcript"
Synopsis for "Breakdowns: Postcript"
Maxwell Lord gathers together the remaining members of the Justice League Europe inside of a cave. Everyone immediately begins arguing and bickering about the future of the League. Guy Gardner is the first to quit and flies off after making several unsavory comments. Kilowog follows shortly behind him, preferring to take up his old position as trainer of the Green Lantern Corps. Power Girl flies into a fury and quits the team due to everyone acting like a bunch of quitters. Elongated Man warns Ice not to question Kara's logic.
Soon after, Metamorpho and Rocket Red decide to leave as well. Max tries to keep the rest of the gang together, but one by one they all begin to feel as if dissolving the League is in everyone’s best interests. Crimson Fox refuses to work on the team, unless Captain Atom is present and Sue Dibny convinces Ralph to abandon the team in favor of the Europe '92 conference.
Suddenly, the mind of Despero awakens inside of the robotic body of L-Ron. The diminutive machine goes berserk and begins attacking the remaining League members. Fortunately for them, a nearby duck hunter shows up and blasts L-Ron's body to pieces with some well-placed buckshot. Being saved by a duck hunter is exactly what Blue Beetle needs to make him realize that working for this team is a joke.
Before long, the only remaining member willing to stay with Max is Oberon.
- This story continues in Justice League Spectacular #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League Europe Vol 1 36 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League Europe series
Links and References
- Justice League Europe series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Justice League Europe series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Justice League Europe series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Justice League Europe article at Wikipedia