"Gross Injustice": On an island in the South Pacific, the JLI inspect the ruins of a downed Khundian warship. Guy Gardner is tasked with cleaning up the debris, but in his effort to be expeditious, he actually creates more of a mess.
- Man, what a rush. I looove smashing through spaceships.
- -- Guy Gardner
Appearing in "Gross Injustice"
- Justice League International
- Injustice League (First appearance)
- H'ronmeer (mentioned)
Synopsis for "Gross Injustice"
On an island in the South Pacific, the JLI inspect the ruins of a downed Khundian warship. Guy Gardner is tasked with cleaning up the debris, but in his effort to be expeditious, he actually creates more of a mess.
On a nearby island, Major Disaster reforms the Injustice League, along with his new partner and tech-wizard, the Mighty Bruce. They too find an alien ship - a downed Thanagarian cruiser. The Mighty Bruce works on the control board and makes the ship operational. While he's working, the Clock King argues with Multi-Man who is suffering from one of his numerous bouts of manic depression.
Meanwhile, Mister Miracle picks up the radio signal from the Thanagarian ship and alerts the rest of the team to the nearby presence of the Injustice League. Guy Gardner, sick of playing garbage man, takes it upon himself to check it out.
As he flies across the sky, he sees the Injustice League in the Thanagarian ship. He plows through the hull of the vessel, forcing it to land. The JLI catch up to him and apprehend the Injustice League members.
- This issue is an Invasion! Aftermath tie-in extra, taking place in between Invasion! #2 and Invasion! #3. After the conclusion of the war in the second issue, these deal with the rest of the story right before the conclusion in the final issue where the Dominators unleash the Gene Bomb.
- First professional DC Comics work for assistant editor Kevin Dooley.
- Justice League International appeared last in Captain Atom #25 and Invasion! #2.
- First appearance of Injustice League II; First Post-Crisis appearances for Big Sir, Clock King and Multi-Man. They appear next as a team in Justice League Europe #6.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League International Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League International series
- Images from Justice League International Vol 1 23
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes