Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Winning Hand": While the League discuss the matter of their two uninvited members, Maxwell Lord, Kimiyo Hoshi and Booster Gold wait in the library. Kimiyo accuses Lord of pretending to represent the League and storms out. The League confront Lord and Booster, frustrated at finally being accep
- It's one thing if you try to kill me. But when you don't laugh at my jokes -- then I get mad!
- -- Booster Gold
Appearing in "Winning Hand"
- Royal Flush Gang
- Justice League Headquarters
- Booster Gold's Uniform
- Green Lantern Ring
- Justice League Signal Device
- Legion Flight Ring
- Mister Miracle's aero discs
- Mister Miracle's concussion bombs
Synopsis for "Winning Hand"
While the League discuss the matter of their two uninvited members, Maxwell Lord, Kimiyo Hoshi and Booster Gold wait in the library. Kimiyo accuses Lord of pretending to represent the League and storms out. The League confront Lord and Booster, frustrated at finally being accepted to the League under false pretenses, storms out also. Booster sees reporters by the League's security fence and goes to talk to them, creating the diversion the lurking Royal Flush Gang needs. They deactivate the fence and rush inside, but Booster spots them and pursues. They fight while the League watch, assessing Booster's performance. Booster single-handedly defeats the four human members of the Gang, but then the massive android Ace arrives. The League joins the fight, but Ace systematically takes the bulk of the team down. Booster and Beetle hatch a plan. Beetle deactivates the force-field dome around the headquarters and Booster flies Ace high into the air and drops him. As Ace reaches the dome area, Beetle reactivates it, severing Ace in half. Impressed, Batman offers membership to Booster. They go to talk to Lord but find him already by the gate, claiming to represent the League to the press.
- This issue is reprinted in the Justice League: A New Beginning trade paperback.
- With issue #7, the series changes its title to Justice League International.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League series
- Images from Justice League Vol 1 4
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Blue Beetle (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics
- Doctor Fate (Volume 2)
- Doctor Fate (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Justice League International
- Justice League Europe
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1)
- Mister Miracle (Volume 2)
- Shazam: The New Beginning
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Justice League series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The Captain's JLA Blog
- Cosmic Teams: Justice League