"Inner Mission!": The reactivated Red Tornado is unmasked as the Construct, and deactivated once more. Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow seek information about the first encounter between the Construct and the JLA from Aquaman and Atom in Atlantis, while Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Black Canary accom
Appearing in "Inner Mission!"
- Justice League of America
Synopsis for "Inner Mission!"
The reactivated Red Tornado is unmasked as the Construct, and deactivated once more. Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow seek information about the first encounter between the Construct and the JLA from Aquaman and Atom in Atlantis, while Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Black Canary accompany Wonder Woman to Paradise Island, where she uses the Amazons Memory Chair to remember her own mental subjugation to the Construct's will in its second incarnation.
Regrouping, the heroes discover the Construct's hide-away, but the villain escapes them by transferring its mind elsewhere. The Red Tornado comes to life again, but is unable to convince the members that he is now truly in control of his actions. When he finally does convince Hawkman and the female members, they are too late to prevent the Construct from taking over the minds of the others, and must battle their own teammates.
Finally, the Red Tornado battles the Construct, will-against-will, and the machine-intelligence is destroyed in its attempt to subjugate the android's mind. Wonder Woman ensures that this destruction of the Construct is permanent, Red Tornado is reinstated as a member, and Hawkgirl at last joins the team.
- This book was first published on June 7, 1977.
- This is the third and final incarnation of the Construct concluding a story-arc involving Wonder Woman's 'possession' that is first hinted at in Justice League of America #139.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 146 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
Links and References
- No external links.