Appearing in "Attack of the Star-Bolt Warrior!"
- Brain Storm (1st appearance & origin) (Flashback and main story)
- "Fireball" Jackson, Gloria Kaye and three unnamed other power recipients (Single appearance)
- Fred Storm (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Ivy Town Police Department
- Robin (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Attack of the Star-Bolt Warrior!"
Superman, the Flash, Batman, Atom, and Hawkman are all out on various solo activities when suddenly they lose some of their super-powers and abilities. Amazingly these lost abilities are transferred to a baseball player (who gets Atom's size changing), actress Gloria Kaye (who gains increased mass from Hawkman), a husband (who gains Flash's super speed but can't travel anywhere) a delivery boy (who gains strength and weakens just like Superman), and a French juggler (Who loses his dexterity when Batman does.) Finding the whole experience strange, all the heroes in question learn that it was from some strange stellar energy.
Tracing it to its source, they meet a new super-powered being named Brain Storm. Brain Storm has created a special helmet that allows him to absorb stellar energy which he can create anything with his mind. His invention having warped his mind, Brain Storm witnesses his brother Fred's apparent death. In his twisted ideals, Brain Storm has captured the Justice League so that they may witness him taking justice into his own hands and killing the man responsible for his brother's demise.
However, there is a side effect to Brain Storm's power, in that whoever it's used on also can access the energy's abilities and the JLA members are suddenly mentally linked to the people who had gained their abilities. Transporting them to Brain Storm's base, their arrival frees the Justice League from their trap and they go after Brain Storm.
They battle a bunch of stellar-energy powered dangers, and track him down and realize who's the one Brain Storm blames for his brother's death: Green Lantern. However, Green Lantern explains that due to Brain Storm's interference with Green Lantern's attempt to capture Fred who just robbed a bank, the combination of both their powers transported Fred to France and wiped out his memories.
Bringing Fred to them and restoring his memory, the Justice League convince Brain Storm to end his vendetta against Green Lantern. However, Brain Storm realizes that escape is the best course of action and teleports away without a trace, leaving the JLA to turn his brother over to the police.
- Reprinted in Justice League of America #111, Justice League of America Archives Vol 5, Showcase Presents: Justice League of America Vol. 2 and Justice League of America: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 1 32
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.