Appearing in "Z -- As in Zatanna -- and Zero Hour!"
- Beast-Men of Belphagor (flashback only)
- Sword of Paracelsus (flashback only)
- Bell, Book, & Candle
Synopsis for "Z -- As in Zatanna -- and Zero Hour!"
Zatanna has summoned Batman, Green Lantern, Atom, Hawkman, and Elongated Man to Justice League headquarters in order to tell them that she had succeeded in finding her father, the magician Zatara, thanks to their help. However, all the heroes recall all their adventures with Zatanna as failures, and Batman has never met Zatanna at all, so far as he can remember.
She explains that she finally tracked down a way to travel to the magical realm which her father has been kept prisoner by the evil Allura. Summoning mystical duplicates of the Justice League members (and Elongated Man) she has encountered to help in her fight, she is unaware that she is being tricked into a trap. Before continuing, her story Zatanna explains to Batman that they have met, that in her travels she disguised herself as a Witch who was hired by his foe the Outsider during one of his solo cases.
Continuing her story, Zatara knowing that his daughter is bout to fall into a trap which would find Zatanna stuck in the world that Allura was cursed into. Zatara summons his old foe Amen-Hotep to create a distraction to keep Zatanna and her mystically created JLA members at bay while Zatara sends the good side of Allura to stop her evil half.
With Allura defeated, Zatara and Zatanna finally reunited, they return to Earth. Finishing her story, Zatara appears and thanks the heroes gathered for helping his daughter free him.
- This issue is reprinted in Justice League of America Archives Volume 7.
- This is a chapter in "Zatanna's Search" for her father. The story arc is chronicled in: Hawkman #4, Detective Comics #336, Atom #19, Green Lantern Vol. 2 #42, Detective Comics #355 and ending in Justice League of America #51. This story makes references to all other chapters. This storyline is collected in JLA: Zatanna's Search.
- According to the statement of circulation published in this issue, the average total distribution of each issue during the preceding 12-months for this title was 408,549. The issue nearest to filing date had a total distribution of 457,658 (plus 225,342 copies spoiled, unaccounted for, or for office use -- that's 1/3 of its print run)!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 51 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
Links and References
- No external links.