"The Fantastic Fingers of Felix Faust": This story is reprinted from Justice League of America #10.
Appearing in "The Fantastic Fingers of Felix Faust"
- Justice League of America
- Demons Three (First appearance)
- Felix Faust (First appearance)
- Lord of Time (First appearance)
- Timeless Ones (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Green Bell of Uthool
- Green Lantern Ring
- Lasso of Truth
- Necronomicon (Copy) (Flashback only)
- Red Jar of Calythos
- Silver Wheel of Nyorlath
Synopsis for "The Fantastic Fingers of Felix Faust"
This story is reprinted from Justice League of America #10.
Sorcerer Felix Faust summons the demons Abnegazar, Ghast and Rath whom he wishes to unleash upon the world. However in order to do so he needs to collect the Red Jar of Calythos, the Green Bell of Uthool, and the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath in order to cast the spell that will free the demons. The Demons and Faust decide to use the Justice League of America to collect the items for them, and cast a spell which allows Felix to control each member with his fingers (which have taken on the image of a JLA member they represent.)
This happens at a time when the JLA is busy battling the Lord of Time who is invading the present, each member of the Justice League disappear one by one during the fight until they are all brought before Felix Faust. Putting the League under his control, Felix sends them to collect the three items he needs to summon the demons. This puts the JLA against the various guardians of the items, however using team work each pair of League members sent out manages to collect the item they seek. Taking the Jar, Bell and Wheel to Faust, however with the help of Martian Manhunter and Aquaman the group manages to defeat Faust and take the items into their possession.
Although he has been captured, Faust muses how the JLA may have saved their own time but they will never be able to stop his masters when they return in 100 years.
Appearing in "One Hour to Doomsday"
- Justice League of America
Synopsis for "One Hour to Doomsday"
This story is reprinted from Justice League of America #11.
After succeeding in defeating Felix Faust, the Justice League continue their fight to stop the Lord of Time from taking over their era. However the Time Lord manages to escape to the distant future where he plans on getting an army of soldiers armed with super weapons to take over the present day.
The heroes follow the Lord of Time to the year 3786 where they stop him before he can collect the weapons he needs. Trying to take him back to the present to face justice, the League soon finds themselves trapped in the year 2062, the year which the Demons are freed from their curse. They have used their magical powers to bar the League from returning to their own era, and takes them prisoner trapping them in magic bottles while they prepare to cast a Doomsday spell.
Freed by the Green Lantern's power ring, the group realizes that the demons use spells with the individuals name in the incantation and come up with a solution to beat their foes: Using Green Lantern's power ring each member of the Justice League is made to appear as though they are another member. When they all attack the demons at their various locations to interrupt their spell, the spells don't work because they are being cast against the wrong Justice League members. Defeating all three demons, Green Lantern uses his power ring to trap them so that the only way they can be freed is through the Jar, Wheel and Bell.
Afterwards, they return to their own time where they turn the Lord of Time over to the authorities.
Appearing in "Lives of a Rocket Lancer"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "Lives of a Rocket Lancer"
This story is reprinted from Mystery in Space #8.
- This book was first published on September 24, 1970.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 85 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia