Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Origin of the Justice League": Gathered together to celebrate the 3rd year anniversary of the formation of the Justice League, the founding members tell Snapper and Green Arrow the story of how the team was first formed together:
Appearing in "The Origin of the Justice League"
- Justice League of America (Flashback and main story)
- Appellaxian invaders (First appearance)
- Amazons (Flashback only)
- Appellaxian Meteor Ships
Synopsis for "The Origin of the Justice League"
At the time aliens from the planet Appellax had come to Earth following the death of their ruler in order for a representative of each race to vie for leadership over the planet but combating on Earth. The one who is able to win becomes the planets leader. Going to Earth with special meteors that cause those near by to change into a similar form as the attacker, the aliens arrival on Earth gains the attention of each of the founding members of the Justice League.
Martian Manhunter would fight a stone being and destroy a meteorite that is changing people into stone, he would then go to the next meteor and get stuck because getting close to it turns him into a tree. The same would happen to the others, they'd fight the nearest opponent and destroy the meteor then travel to the next one and become trapped like the Manhunter. Eventually Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman would all become trapped and slowly be transformed into trees. However, they would work together combining their powers and abilities to free themselves, stop the tree-like alien, and restore themselves to normal. Traveling to the north, they would team up with Batman and Superman who were already facing the final invader, who's meteor's Kryptonite composition was weakening the Man of Steel.
Defeating this final foe and saving Superman, the assembled group of heroes then decide to work again in the future, and thus the Justice League of America was born.
- This issue is reprinted in 80-Page Giant #8, DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #5, Justice League of America (Volume 1) #97, Justice League of America Archives Volume 2 and Showcase Presents: Justice League of America Vol. 1.
- A chronologically earlier "origin" is presented in Justice League of America #144.
- The Apellaxian invaders appear again in Justice League of America #200.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 1 9
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia