"The Tornado's Path, Part I of VI": In the Batcave, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent), and Wonder Woman (Diana) begin voting on who will be the additional members of the [[Justice League of America (New
- I know those looks. You're putting the band back together, aren't you? Hold on, I'll get my bow.
- -- Oliver Queen
Appearing in "The Tornado's Path, Part I of VI"
- Wonder Woman
- Kathy Sutton (Flashback and main story)
- Red Tornado/John Smith (Flashback and main story; as a spirit; resurrected in the body of Danton Black)
- Black Canary
- Green Lantern
- Jefferson Pierce
- Metal Men
- Oliver Queen
- Red Tornado
- Traya Sutton
- Will Magnus
- The Bomb Squad (First appearance; as shadowy figures only)
- Doctor Impossible (First appearance)
- Felix Faust
- Deadman (as an illusion only)
- Multiplex (Deceased; as a duplicate corpse)
- Phil Cobb
- Solomon Grundy (As a shadowy figure only)
- Professor Ivo (Behind the scenes)
- Lex Luthor (Mentioned only)
- Penguin (Mentioned only)
- Psycho-Pirate (Mentioned only)
- Scarecrow (Mentioned only)
- Tao Jones (Mentioned only)
- T.O. Morrow (Mentioned only)
- Trident (Mentioned only)
- Ultra-Humanite (Mentioned only)
- Aquaman (In a photograph only)
- The Atom (In a photograph only)
- Captain Marvel (In a photograph only)
- The Flash (In a photograph only)
- Hawkman (In a photograph only)
- Lian Harper (In a photograph only)
- Mr. Terrific (In a photograph only)
- Power Girl (In a photograph only)
- Supergirl (In a photograph only)
- Anaïs Nin (Mentioned only)
- Bart Allen (Mentioned only)
- Blue Devil (Mentioned only)
- Buddy Baker (Mentioned only)
- Ellen Baker (Mentioned only)
- Firehawk (Mentioned only)
- George Romero (Mentioned only)
- John Stewart (Mentioned only)
- Katana (Mentioned only)
- Kimiyo Hoshi (Mentioned only)
- Kyle Rayner (Mentioned only)
- Mister Miracle (Mentioned only)
- Mrs. Hunkel (Mentioned only)
- Nightwing (Mentioned only)
- Oracle (Mentioned only)
- The Question (Mentioned only)
- Rex Mason (Mentioned only)
- Skeets (Mentioned only)
- Silver Ghost (Mentioned only)
- Snapper Carr (Mentioned only)
- Solomon (Mentioned only)
- Victor Stone (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Happy Harbor (Flashback only)
- Job Placment Center (Flashback only)
- Star City
- Unnamed Gymnasium
- Oliver Queen's Residence
- Unnamed Bar/Diner
- New York City
- Sutton/Smith Apartment (5D)
- Rocky Mountains
- T.O. Morrow's Former Laboratory
- Rocky Mountains
- Hub City
- Dylan's Bar (unnamed)
- Apokolips (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Saw-Blade Throwing Disk
- Tantu Totem
- Trick Arrows
- Bracelets of Submission
- Lasso of Truth
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
- T-Sphere (In a photograph only)
- Legion Flight Ring (Mentioned only)
- Mento Helmet (Mentioned only)
- Mother Box (Mentioned only)
- Scarecrow Gas (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Tornado's Path, Part I of VI"
Kathy Sutton is at Will Magnus' laboratory waiting and hoping that Red Tornado's soul will reenter his android body, which had recently been rebuilt by Magnus after Green Lantern located and collected all the pieces. Platinum, curious about Kathy's love for Red Tornado, asks her about their relationship. Meanwhile, Red Tornado's disembodied soul and Deadman watch. Deadman explains that he understands that Red's new plan isn't for himself, he's doing it for Kathy. Deadman asks if Red is having second thoughts, but he is actually excited.
In Star City, Roy Harper and Hal Jordan watch a boxing match and catch up on old times. Dinah Lance contacts Hal through his ring and asks him to join her in visiting Kathy for support. Hal offers Roy the opportunity to join them.
In Metropolis, Jefferson Pierce is at a bar with Phil Cobb, who is acting as an informant on the latest dealings of various supervillains. Pierce learns about some recent disappearances, including Plastique, Electrocutioner, Trident, and Dr. Impossible.
Deadman takes Red Tornado's spirit to a morgue, where he shows him the corpse of a recently deceased duplicate of the villain Multiplex. He offers Red the chance to be completely human by taking over the body.
In Hub City, Vixen enters a bar looking for the Question, who she believes sent her a note asking for a date. The bartender tells her that the Question hadn't been in Hub City for over a year, and Vixen realizes she stepped into a trap.
Red successfully enters the human body and discovers that he still has his powers. However, after he leaves the morgue, Deadman transforms, revealing his true identity: Felix Faust.
Back in Star City, Hal and Dinah arrive at Roy's home. Oliver Queen answers the door, as he was babysitting Roy's daughter Lian. Ollie feels a little left out at not being invited to accompany the others, but is very proud of Roy.
Red arrives at Kathy's apartment and reveals his new body to her and their adopted daughter Traya. Kathy is shocked at his human body, but Red tells her to forget about the android body.
Platinum and Gold discuss Kathy's visit to the lab, but their conversation is cut short by Dr. Impossible, who decapitates each of them and teleports away with the still-vacant android body of Red Tornado.
- This book was first published on August 23, 2006.
- Shipped with a variant cover illustrated by Michael Turner and Peter Steigerwald.
- This issue is reprinted in the The Tornado's Path collection and Justice League Legends (Volume 1).
- This issue gives special thanks to Mariah Benes.
- The first chapter of writer Brad Meltzer's upcoming novel, The Book of Fate, is included at the end of this issue.
- Jefferson Pierce mentioned that Signalman was addicted to "Psycho-Pirate". It is unknown if this implied there was a new person to take on the name or if it was forgotten that Psycho-Pirate was killed in Infinite Crisis #6. It was possibly even just a name for a drug. He also mentioned "Silver Ghost" described the high. It likely he is referring to Raphael van Zandt who appears in Justice League of America (Volume 2) #12.
- Platinum claims to have heard how Reddy met Kathy from a "Superman robot", who in turn heard it from Skeets, who must have heard it from Red Tornado himself. It is unknown if Platinum means one of the Superman androids or a Kryptonian Service Robot.
- The shadowy mastermind in this issue is ultimately revealed in Justice League of America (Volume 2) #4.
- The events depicted in Issues #1 through #6 appear to be occurring during a single day.
- The two shadowy villains in the Hub City bar are revealed in the next issue.
- Deadman (Faust) mentions the film Heaven Can Wait.
- Superman notes that Batman makes selections based solely on whether he trusts the candidates or not. Whereas Diana chooses tactically while Clark votes for who is nice.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 2 1
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia