""One World, Under Gog (Part III): War Lords"": The Justice Society of America continue to follow Gog's trail as he blazes a path through the Congo. They come upon a squad of Congolese militants terrorizing a village. The JSA dive into the frey and begin disarming the troops. Hawkman demonstrate
- God created the world in seven days. Gog will save it in seven more.
Appearing in "One World, Under Gog (Part III): War Lords"
- Justice Society of America
- Abigail Hunkel (Cameo)
- Michael Holt (Earth-2) (First appearance)
- Justice Society Infinity (Earth-2) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "One World, Under Gog (Part III): War Lords"
The Justice Society of America continue to follow Gog's trail as he blazes a path through the Congo. They come upon a squad of Congolese militants terrorizing a village. The JSA dive into the frey and begin disarming the troops. Hawkman demonstrates a violent barbarism that is rarely seen and nearly kills a man with his own machete. Jay Garrick races to his side and prevents Hawkman from taking the man's life. With Power Girl missing, Jay is now the JSA chairman and he reminds Hawkman that this method is not how they are expected to tutor the younger generation of heroes.
At JSA headquarters, Damage is still overjoyed by the fact that Gog healed his damaged face. He develops an interest in one of the team's newest members Judomaster, and tries to ask her out on a date in Japanese. Judomaster rarely speaks, but flashes Damage a wan smile.
Back in the Congo, the JSA regroup after quashing the small militant uprising. They are already feeling the ill effects of Gog's "gifts" to them. Starman's judgment is altered due to his recently restored sanity, and Doctor Mid-Nite's effectiveness is diminished now that he can see, than he was when he was still blind. Citizen Steel is more than ready to accept whatever healing gifts that Gog has to offer. The Flash, Green Lantern and the Earth-22 Superman however are not as trusting of Gog's intentions and keep a wary eye on him.
As the group continue their march through the jungle, they come upon another beleaguered village. This time, Gog takes direct action and transforms the aggressive soldiers into trees. Gog validates his actions by citing that he has turned them into a more suitable form of life.
More soldiers arrive and Lance leads the offensive. His battle charge is cut short however as a bazooka shell strikes him, killing him. The JSA are stunned. Gog reaches down and uses his immense power to bring Lance back from the dead. He is not the same man as before though. He has been resurrected in the name and trappings of Magog. As Gog beckons Magog to "rise", Superman narrows his eyes in grim distrust.
Meanwhile, in the parallel dimension known as Earth-2, Power Girl is lost and confused. While this world may share many similarities to her original reality of Earth-Two, there are also many differences. Desperate to find a solution to her problem, she goes to the office of physics professor Michael Holt.
- This book was first published on August 27, 2008.
- The events from this issue take place after Justice Society of America Annual #1.
- This issue acknowledges that the Superman of Earth-22 is now a full-time member of the Justice Society of America.
- First appearance of David Reid as Magog.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice Society of America Vol 3 18 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice Society of America series
- Images from Justice Society of America Vol 3 18
Links and References
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- JSA Checklist
- JSA Chronology page
- JSA series index at DCU Guide
- JSA series index at Comicbookdb.com
- JSA series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society Fact File
- Justice Society Index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Justice Society of America at TV Tropes