"EarthBound": Justice Society Infinity comes to the New Earth reality from Earth-2 and begins fighting the Justice Society of America just after Alan Scott and his daughter Jade both state "But you're dead."
- I know a bit about Power Girl's future, Courtney. She's going to be better than okay. She's going to make the most out of her life -- both inside and outside the Justice Society.
- -- Starman
Appearing in "EarthBound"
- Justice Society of America
- Gog (Behind the scenes)
- Justice Society Infinity
- Paula Holt (Earth-2) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "EarthBound"
Earth-2's Power Girl wants to know where their version of Superman has disappeared to. She blames the New Earth (actually Earth-Two) Power Girl of trying to infiltrate their team and a fight breaks out. The Earth-2 Power Girl grabs mainstream Power Girl and her teammates and she escape back to their home dimension.
The Justice Society (Green Lantern, Stargirl, Flash, and Mister Terrific) follow them via Starman's gravity powers and they unprecedentedly arrive in the office of Earth-2's Michael Holt. New Earth's Michael Holt is shocked to see that his counterpart's wife, Paula, is alive and well on Earth-2.
Meanwhile, Earth-2's Huntress, Power Girl and Robin take Kara back to the Batcave where they proceed to torture her. Power Girl continues to press her about the whereabouts of her cousin, Superman. Kara believes that the Earth-2 Superman was the one who died during Infinite Crisis. Kara escapes capture and fights back against her angry Earth-2 doppelgänger. The rest of Justice Society Infinity show up to lend their teammate a hand, but cooler heads prevail when the rest of the Justice Society arrive.
Starman tries to illustrate how the Multiverse expands and contracts upon itself once every thirty-eight billion years. He states "Earth-2 was reborn along with everyone on it" so even though Earth-2 is effectively a reborn Earth-Two it has its own Power Girl 'provided by the universe'. Ultimately, nobody is truly sure what happened to the Earth-2 Superman. Kara feels more alone than ever. The JSA console her and bring her back to New Earth.
After things quiet down, Alan Scott goes and talks to Michael Holt about David's death and resurrection, and asks a question he cannot believe—if Gog could resurrect David, could he do the same for Paula and Jade?
- This storyline continues in Justice Society of America Kingdom Come Special: Superman #1, Justice Society of America Kingdom Come Special: Magog #1, Justice Society of America Kingdom Come Special: The Kingdom #1, and then Justice Society of America (Volume 3) #21.
- This issue reveals that Starman's costume is actually a map of the Multiverse.
- According to Starman, the universe and multiverse expand and contract every 38 billion years but are out of sync and that this Earth-2 was the results of Infinite Crisis. Exactly how this relates to 52 is unclear as Starman make no reference to Mister Mind transforming fifty two identical realities. Furthermore Starman makes no reference to Hypertime so where it fits is also unclear.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice Society of America Vol 3 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice Society of America series
- Images from Justice Society of America Vol 3 20
Links and References
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- JSA Checklist
- JSA Chronology page
- JSA series index at DCU Guide
- JSA series index at Comicbookdb.com
- JSA series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society Fact File
- Justice Society Index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Justice Society of America at TV Tropes