"Between a Rock and Hard Place (Part I) - The Power of Shazam": The JSA reconvene at their headquarters to discuss the ramifications of their battle against Gog. The elder members are upset with the team'
- I am not a villain -- not in the narrow definition of the word according to the self-named "Modern" world. I fought alongside the Justice Society and for a time, made them my allies... but I never earned their trust.
- -- Black Adam
Appearing in "Between a Rock and Hard Place (Part I) - The Power of Shazam"
- Amazing Man (Cameo)
- Citizen Steel (Cameo)
- Cyclone (Cameo)
- Damage (Cameo)
- Doctor Mid-Nite
- Green Lantern
- Hawkman (Quits Team)
- Hourman (Cameo)
- Judomaster (Cameo)
- Liberty Belle (Cameo)
- Lightning (Cameo)
- Magog (Cameo)
- Mister America (Cameo)
- Mister Terrific
- Power Girl (Cameo)
- Starman (Cameo)
- Wildcat (Ted Grant)
- Wildcat (Tom Bronson) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Between a Rock and Hard Place (Part I) - The Power of Shazam"
The JSA reconvene at their headquarters to discuss the ramifications of their battle against Gog. The elder members are upset with the team's recent behavior, particularly on the part of Hawkman.  They feel that Carter should take a leave of absence in order to cool off. Hawkman is angry at his fellow JSAers for even reconsidering his membership, and he angrily quits the team. The other present members go through their roster to evaluate who should stay and who should go.
Meanwhile, Felix Faust still possesses the insensate body of Isis. Isis has been his plaything ever since he brought her back to life at the Tower of Fate.  Black Adam bursts into the building and tosses Faust across the room. Now that Faust is distracted, Isis returns to her senses. She retrieves her amulet and her necklace and then commits an atrocity to Faust's nether regions. Black Adam and Isis fly off the restart their lives together.
Some time later, Black Adam and Isis go the Rock of Eternity and attack Billy Batson. Using the power from a spell book, Isis speaks the magic word "Shazam" and channels the mystic lightning into her necklace and amulet. Billy Batson disappears.
Billy arrives home in Fawcett City but can no longer summon the Power of Shazam. He tries to call Freddy Freeman, the current Captain Marvel, but it is the JSA who answers his summons. They meet at the Bromfield residence and Billy tells them that he was once Captain Marvel.
- This issue shipped on January 28th, 2009.
- This issue is a "Faces of Evil" spotlight.
- The necklace that Isis uses to steal the Power of Shazam is the same artifact that once imprisoned Black Adam at Abu Simbel as first seen in the Power of Shazam graphic novel.
- Binder Boulevard in Fawcett City is named for Jack Binder, a Golden Age artist who contributed material to the Marvel Family of titles.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice Society of America Vol 3 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice Society of America series
- Images from Justice Society of America Vol 3 23
Links and References
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- JSA Checklist
- JSA Chronology page
- JSA series index at DCU Guide
- JSA series index at Comicbookdb.com
- JSA series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society Fact File
- Justice Society Index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Justice Society of America at TV Tropes
|Faces of Evil Crossover |
This issue is a Faces of Evil special, part of a larger loosely connected event highlighting the villains of the DC Universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Faces of Evil category.