"Chapter Five": Elongated Man suspects something is wrong; the world's supervillains are serving humanitarian causes and no one from the Justice League is responding to their allegations (or answering his calls). Martian Manhunter frees himself from Gorilla Grodd's psychic assault and re
- The world's worst super-villains are acting like the world's greatest heroes and the Justice League is nowhere to be found.
Appearing in "Chapter Five"
- Justice League of America
- Legion of Doom
- Indestructible Gauntlets
- Lasso of Truth
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
- Green Lantern Ring
- Giant Penny
- Utility Belt
Synopsis for "Chapter Five"
Elongated Man suspects something is wrong; the world's supervillains are serving humanitarian causes and no one from the Justice League is responding to their allegations (or answering his calls). Martian Manhunter frees himself from Gorilla Grodd's psychic assault and realizes that the League faces a unified conspiracy. Brainiac and Lex Luthor acknowledge a mutual professional enmity, but agree to work together nonetheless. Brainiac hands Luthor several small spheres.
The Atom is in the hospital with Jean Loring at his side. Black Canary, seeing a fear-induced hallucination of Green Arrow lying dead, screams (with her Canary Cry); the two drive off Clayface and the Scarecrow. During her struggle with Wonder Woman, the Cheetah slashes Diana's face, arms, and body with her claws; although Wonder Woman nearly subdues her foe, the villainess manages to escape. Green Lantern is lost in a space void, with his ring providing him life-support. Hawkman and Hawkgirl survive Toyman's attack.
Superman is rescued by Captain Marvel and the two travel to the Batcave for help, but Batman and Alfred, under the control of microscopic mechanical worms, attack them. Elsewhere, Luthor realizes that Brainiac plans to betray him, just as he will betray Brainiac — and throws the small orbs he has been given into the ocean. The orbs enlarge and become the model cities.
Superman realizes that he too is infected with the mind worms, and instructs Captain Marvel to throw him into the sun to burn them out of his body.
- This book was first published on April 19, 2006.
- Character Files: Superman, Cheetah, Wonder Woman, and Poison Ivy.
- This issue received a second and third printing on May 24th and July 19th, 2006 respectively. Each had new cover art by Alex Ross.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice series
- Images from Justice Vol 1 5
Links and References
- No external links.