Like the original antimatter Ultraman, he originates from an antimatter universe and has developed superhuman abilities comparable to Superman and has either encountered this specific Superman or one of his close counterparts in the past.
This Ultraman was brought to the New Earth dimension by antimatter Mixyezpitelik in order to specifically help the Superman of New Earth defeat the Megistus where this Ultraman assumed Superman's Clark Kent identity to get Superman's attention. Unable to accept working with the New Earth Superman on an equal basis, and being changed into a basic duplicate of Superman in the New Earth dimension, this Ultraman was largely ineffective against the Megistus who changed the yellow sun into a red giant.
With both Superman and Ultraman almost depowered the two teamed up with several heroes to attack Megistus. Still retaining enough of his original nature to be powered by Green Kryptonite the Megistus was using in his attack on Superman, Ultraman was able to deliver the defeating blow when the New Earth Superman tricked Megistus into attacking him with Green Krptonite.
The ruse largely worked though Megistus was able to deform this Ultraman before he returned to his source Earth. It is unclear if this Ultraman remained deformed or was healed upon his return to his source Earth.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Superhuman strength, speed and independent flight which allows him to fly in outer space.
Strength levels comparable to Superman
Green Kryptonite energy depletion
- Unlike the original antimatter Ultraman (Clark Kent) whose body was modified to be powered by anti-Kryptonite, this Ultraman is powered by the same Kryptonite matter than harms Superman, similar in concept to the original Earth-Three Ultraman.
- This difference in power source and nature of what Kryptonite is (destroyed Krypton rendered radioactive) suggests that he does not originate from Earth (as does the antimatter Clark Kent who became the Ultraman that has fought against the JLA on multiple occasions) but from a Krypton parallel in a different antimatter reality from the first antimatter Ultraman.
- While in the positive matter universe both he and the antimatter Mixyezpitelik were being adjusted to operate on the norms of the matter universe they were in -- Ultraman started to have his powers operate on yellow sun energy and Mixyezpitelik started to become more prankster-like. This condition is very different from whenever the antimatter Earth-Two Clark Kent has come into the positive matter universe as he still operates normally as shown during his time in New Kandor and on New Earth.
- This Ultraman wears a costume very close to the new Earth-3 Ultraman
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Antimatter Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Kal-El (Antimatter Universe)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Antimatter Universe)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Antimatter Universe)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: