History of character is unknown.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, The average Kryptonian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of their super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Their biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and their bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kryptonians can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. Typically, the power is seen as two beams of red light emanating from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing the power to be undetectable. The maximum temperature of their heat vision is said to be around that of a nuclear detonation. They can also consciously determine the area affected, down to the microscopic level.
- Super-Hearing: Kryptonian hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill, practice, and concentration, they can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency. As such, they can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire city.
- Enhanced Vision Kryptonian vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kryptonians can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, they can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows them to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Kryptonians can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. They can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kryptonians can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kryptonians are able to manipulate graviton particles, in an unknown and apparently unconscious manner, to defy the forces of gravity. Under one Earth gravity, they are capable of speeds of multi-Mach speeds in Earth's atmosphere. Their control of their flight is very precise and they can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying.
- Invulnerability: The bodies of Kryptonians are nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, their immune systems protects them from toxins and diseases. The most common explanations for this rely on the presences of a super-dense molecular structure, a supercharged bio-electric aura which acts as an invisible force field, or a combination of the two. With the aura, it is presumed to extend a few millimeters from the skin as well as within the body. A byproduct of the aura is that items close to the skin share their invulnerability. Using clothing as an example, loose fitting fabric would tend to shred or burn in adverse conditions, but skin tight outfits would not.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kryptonians have the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. In theory they have unlimited stamina as their enhanced nourishment is produced from the yellow solar energy their cells process, which also provides the majority of the power for their superhuman abilities. However, their base physical structures do need to process food stuffs and they have a psychological need to eat and drink just as Earth humans do. They also require sleep on occasion so that they can dream. They can also hold their breath for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Strength: A Kryptonian develops enhanced physical strength after absorbing a sufficient amount of yellow solar radiation. This radiation interacts with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of their musculature to trigger superhuman levels. While the exact magnitude of their strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that it is sufficient to lift 100,000 tons or more. The specific range is unknown as a their strength, like their other powers, may fluctuate over time. Their strength is also more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables them to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass. At full power, their normal strength levels are well into the multi-megaton range.
- Superhuman Speed: Kryptonians are able to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. They can match most other speedsters in super-fast movements, reactions, and processes. They can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Kryptonians are able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from their lungs. They can chill the air as it leaves their lungs to freeze targets in a variation sometimes called "freeze" or "arctic breath". They can also reverse the process and pull large volumes of air or vapor into their lungs.
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite
- Vulnerability to Magic
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite: Exposure to Kryptonite radiation gradually drains the solar radiation from Superman's (or any Kryptonian's) cells, resulting in gradual power loss and eventual death. In Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, what this equates to is that Superman automatically withdraws from the presence of Kryptonite, wherever it may be present. Mysteriously, this weakness seems to be absent in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, though the only indication is Superman's resistance to his foe Metallo's chest beam.
- (in Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes only)
- Vulnerability to Electricity: Although Superman, unlike humans, cannot be destroyed by electrocution, he displays unusual vulnerability to electricity, which is odd when his immunity to virtually every other manner of everyday Earthly danger is considered. While electricity does not damage Superman in any real or long-term sense, electric shock has consistently proven capable of momentarily stunning and repelling Superman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Lego Batman franchise and is an adaptation of Clark Kent/Superman. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #1.
- Superman was voiced by Travis Willingham for the vodeo games Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham along with the animated Lego Batman: The Movie, and by Nolan North for the animated films begining with Batman: Be-Leaguered.
- When Superman is using his heat vision, the House of El logos that spin around the indicator are those of the Post-Flashpoint Earth 2 Superman, and not of the Superman of Prime Earth (off of which this Superman is visually based on in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham).
- In Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, Superman's invulnerability to harm was limited to attacks of sub-Kryptonian strength, mundane perils (e.g. human-level brute force, firearms, etc.), and some inferior yet not-so-mundane perils (e.g. the Penguin's exploding penguin-bots, laser blasts from Brainiac's UFO, etc.), although Kryptonite and electricity could repulse Superman, and application of Kryptonian-level brute force could harm him. If done quickly enough to prevent Superman's health from regenerating, an assault from a Kryptonian-strength-level attacker could even destroy him. However, in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, Superman is literally impervious to all physical damage, including that dealt by Kryptonian-strength-level and above-Kryptonian-strength-level attackers, such as Supergirl, Superboy and Doomsday. In addition, Kryptonite radiation and magic, Superman's two traditional weaknesses, seem to have to effect whatsoever in this latest installment of the series either, as ranged attacks from Metallo, Mister Mxyzptlk, and Doctor Fate are easily brushed off by the Man of Steel. Only electricity and laser gates can reliably repulse Superman, while only melting/drowning/falling into pits can destroy him. Occasionally, one can destroy Superman or another invincible character by freezing him alive and then either hitting him with a few projectile attacks or ground-pounding next to him. However, this method is unreliable and just as often results in simply breaking the imprisoned character free as it does in shattering him within the ice.
- While Superman in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is visually based off of the Superman of Prime Earth, he is more visually based off of the Superman of New Earth and the Superman of Earth-One in Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes. In terms of characterization and mythos, the Lego Batman series' Superman is more of a quintessential incarnation of the character, combining the most popularly received elements of several continuities.
- In Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes and Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, Superman can be affected by some weapons and abilities in certain intended ways without taking damage from them. For example, Brainiac's Shrink Ray, Black Canary's Canary Cry, Mister Freeze's Freeze Gun, Man-Bat's sonic shriek, and the Music Meister's conductor staff have certain effects on their victims in addition to the damage taken from them. Those struck with a sonic attack will both take damage and become incapacitated for a few seconds by the sheer noise, while characters with a Cold Gun can both damage and freeze their opponents from a distance. On the other hand, while a sonic attack might be able to immobilize Superman and a Cold Gun wielder might be able to freeze him, Superman does not take actual damage from either.
- 8 Appearances of Kal-El (Lego Batman)
- 9 Images featuring Kal-El (Lego Batman)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kal-El (Lego Batman)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Lego Batman)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Superman Family member