Superman defeated Darkseid and stopped him from destroying Metropolis. When Darkseid attempted to escape via Boom Tube, Superman used his heat vision to blast him back to his place of origin, Apokolips, seriously injured. However, he actually destabilized the Boom Tube and accidentally merged him with Shao Kahn. After Darkseid's apparent defeat, he turned Lex Luthor - who was working with Darkseid to ensure humanity's survival - to the authorities.
Shortly after, during the merging of the two universes, Superman's powers began to weaken. He went to his Fortress of Solitude after hearing it was breached, but was soon attacked and imprisoned by Sub-Zero in ice. Wonder Woman soon defeated Sub-Zero and freed Superman. After hearing that Darkseid may still be alive, he returned to Metropolis, only to encounter Scorpion, who was looking for Kitana. Though Superman didn't understand his intentions, Scorpion battled and defeated Superman.
Superman later encountered Lex Luthor (who has apparently escaped from prison), Catwoman, The Joker, and Deathstroke, along with Captain Marvel, who informed them of Darkseid's transformation into Dark Kahn and were forced to team up with the D.C. criminals to defeat Dark Kahn. Superman later went to the Fortress of Solitude once again, this time with Green Lantern, where they encountered Shang Tsung and Liu Kang (also forced to team up to defeat Dark Kahn). Superman faced Shang Tsung, but was ultimately defeated. He and the other heroes and villains soon used the portal in Jax and Sonya's base to be taken to Apokolips, which was now in complete chaos.
They soon found Raiden and the other Mortal Kombatants, who challenged them. However, Dark Kahn soon arrived and everyone lost control of the Kombat Rage. After a huge battle, neither side won and Superman and Lex Luthor soon turn against one another, blaming one another for Dark Kahn's creation. Superman defeated Luthor, but was interrupted by Batman, who regained control of the Kombat Rage. Though Batman was defeated, the battle allowed Superman to regain control of the rage. He later encountered Raiden and after a decisive battle, they realized that neither one was siding with Dark Kahn and worked together to defeat him, separating the two universes and splitting apart Shao Kahn and Darkseid. Only Shao Kahn remained and was apparently powerless, he imprisoned in the D.C. world via the Phantom Zone.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman' hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Superman's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Expert Combatant: In combat situations, Superman makes use of an improvised fighting style that relies on overwhelming force and speed.
- Genius Level Intellect: Superman possesses incredible intelligence and computational abilities.
- Indomitable Will: Superman has shown to have a powerful spirit, free of corruption and temptation. Having been raised by a kindly Kansas farmer and his wife, he was taught to protect life and help others. He is very optimistic and never gives up, even when things look bad.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and is an adaptation of Clark Kent/Superman. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #1.
- Superman was voiced by Christopher Corey Smith.
- Superman's weakness to magic made him more vulnerable to attack from the other kombatants (e.g. Scorpion's hellfire fueled kick knocked him back a distance).
- 2 Appearances of Kal-El (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Kal-El (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.