Kal-El the first, or Kal-El the Star Child, lived during the time of ancient Krypton. He was the first Kryptonian born with the surname El and was the son of Erok-El and Milia. Kal-El's name translated into "Star Child", beacuse Kal means child in Kryptonain and El means "of the star". Thus, Kal-El was know as the "Star Child" He grew up to become the second Bethgar of Urrika. He was the direct ancestor of the tyrant Wab-El (possibly his grandson, but at least one generation removed). His great descendant, Kal-El, better known as Superman, was named after him.
- This version of Kal-El, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El I (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kal-El I (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El I (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El I (Earth-One)