This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
- "Faster than a speeding tachyon, more powerful than the gravitational pull of a collapsing star, able to leap from world to world in a single bound." That's what they say about me.
- -- Kal Kent src
Kal Kent is the distant descendant of Superman and the leader of Justice Legion Alpha. In the 853rd Century, the progenitor of the Superman Dynasty, Kal-El, was about to return from his solar Fortress of Solitude after several centuries. As part of the festivities, the Justice Legion Alpha (Kal Kent included) went back in time to recruit the ancient Justice League of America. The current Legion had counterparts to the League except for Green Lantern (they had the future Starman instead). After arriving at the end of the 20th century, Kal Kent and the Justice Legion convinced the League to go the future and participate in trials as part of the celebration. Before they left, Kal helped Superman stop a Belle Reve prison riot; during this incident he referenced fighting the Chronovore with the 'Superman Squad'.
Following the League's departure, Hourman released the "Hourman virus" which infected not only people, but technology. It was revealed that the virus was Solaris' artificial intelligence in its infancy. The virus was spreading because Solaris was looking in all technology and organisms for its body. To cure the world and save it from Solaris, they had to create Solaris. Once in his body, Solaris became self aware, with his intelligence increasing with every passing second. Starman sacrificed himself but he was able to banish Solaris by creating a black hole. Their time machine didn't have enough power for deep time travel, but Superman was able to punch through the time barrier to bring the Legion back to the 853rd century. They arrive in time for Superman to help Green Lantern contain Solaris' supernova detonation, and to witness Superman-Prime's arrival and the final destruction of the tyrant star.
- 853rd Century Physiology: As a citizen of the 853rd Century, Kal Kent possesses a number of capabilities more developed than those typical in the 20th or 21st Century.
- Advanced Science/Mechanical Aptitude: Access to 853rd-century education allows Kal Kent to create technology beyond anything available in the 21st Century, and makes even advanced technology from earlier periods seem simple.
- Enhanced Intellect: possessed of neo-cortex structures, the people of the 853rd Century are capable of processing vast amounts of information that overwhelm even Kal-El's superhuman mind.
- Telepathy: Inhabitants of the 853rd Century have a 100% rate of telepathy, which Kal Kent can use to access the artificial telepathic information network known as Headnet.
- Alien Bloodlines Physiology: Due to various alien/extradimensional beings marrying into the Superman Dynasty (including a Fifth Dimensional princess in the 67th century), Kal Kent has inherited a number of powers.
- Super-ESP" Kal has been seen using his "super-ESP" to calm rioters, communicate visions of the future, erase memories, and to telepathically defeat and imprison the Laughing Virus.
- Extrasensory Input: Kal has inherited 10 alien senses.
- 5D Vision: Kal can see temporal anomalies and other things that extend beyond three dimensions.
- 5D Hearing: Kal can hear events taking place in the third dimension from the fifth dimension.
- Fifth Dimension Jump: Kal can open a portal to the Fifth Dimension by saying "Namrepus!"
- Super-Solar Enhancement: Kal Kent has made a pact with the incredibly powerful Superman Prime that grants him the power of the solar system's enhanced Super-Sun, reminiscent of but greater and more varied than the [Solar Energy Absorption]] of a Kryptonian. Away from the Super-Sun, these abilities gradually fade over the course of 36 hours.
- Heat Vision: Kal can project beams of heat from his eyes. He is capable of varying these beams to project cosmic radiation, which is harmful to AIs.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through solid objects, treating them as transparent.
- Force-Vision: Kal is able to project beams of force with his eyes to contain, manipulate or repel. His only viewed limitation is that he is incapable of holding back an entire rampaging galaxy with his force-vision unaided, requiring the aid of Titano, Superman of the Gorilla Galaxy.
- Energy Construct Creation: Kal can use his force-vision to create constructs of red energy.
- Flight: Kal is able to fly at incredible speeds. With a gravity-assist from Jupiter, he was able to reach the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in an hour. This ability fades in stages, which can cause him to crash if it weakens at the wrong moment.
- Invulnerability: Kal is immune to almost every source of damage.
- Superhuman Strength: Kal is possessed of prodigious strength, said to equal the power of a collapsing star. He was able to punch through time, a feat his teammate Wonder Woman considered impossible.
- Superhuman Speed: Kal is said to be faster than a speeding tachyon. He claimed that a fight with Rocket Red Armor would normally take him a nanosecond
- Enhanced Intellect: Kal's speed enhances his already prodigious intellect, allowing him to perform billions of simulations simultaneously or decrypt codes in an instant.
- Enhanced Hearing: Kal can hear voices on other planets across the vacuum of space.
- Accelerated Healing
- Techno-Empathy: Kal can commune with the simple minds of electronic devices.
- Electromagnetic Pulse Generation
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite
- Genius Level Intellect: even in his own time, Kal is known as a genius with the intelligence of 10 Einsteins.
- Indomitable Will
Kal Kent's powers are entirely tied to the Super-Sun, and his abilities will drain in a matter of days when separated from it: overexerting himself when isolated from its empowering rays can kill him.
- A virtually identical counterpart to Kal Kent appears in All-Star Superman #6, one who engages in a battle with the Chronovore alongside the Superman Squad--a battle apparently similar to one engaged in by the Kal Kent in the DC One Million timeline. The only notable differences of the Kal Kent of the All-Star Superman timeline from the one of DC One Million are that his hair is noticeably shorter, and that he claims to have been born 851 thousand years in the future rather than 851 centuries (though it is possible this was a simple mistake, as later printings of the book corrected other mentions of his time period to be in the 853rd century rather than the 8530rd). It is also possible that this is the same Kal Kent, with the Superman Squad operating in multiple realities.
- 32 Appearances of Kal Kent (DC One Million)
- 11 Images featuring Kal Kent (DC One Million)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kal Kent (DC One Million)
- Character Gallery: Kal Kent (DC One Million)
|DC One Million Character |
This character was created during DC One Million, and is a part of its possible future in the 853rd Century. DC One Million was a massive company-wide crossover event published in 1998.
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.