Kaldur’ahm aka Aqualad is the Protege of Aquaman the King of Atlantis. He is the son the villain Black Manta and an Atlantean mother known as Sha'lain'a. He was raised by her and his step-father Cal Durham, of who is name after. He possesses black, eel-like tattoos that run across his back and along his arms and glow a bright blue when using his powers.
Aqualad's powers are somehow due to a mixture of Atlantean science and sorcery. He serves as Aquaman's teen sidekick, and tries to join the Justice League, but wound up forming his own team when they refused to give him a full membership.
Founding Young Justice
He joined Robin, Kid Flash, and Speedy on July 4th in entering the Hall of Justice after having defeated Killer Frost with Aquaman. While the League was dealing with other matters, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Robin investigated a fire at Cadmus Labs. Together they rescued a clone of Superman, known as the Super Boy, and with his assistance, defeated a mutated Mark Desmond. In an act of defiance, the four teens banded together to form a team, and on July 8th they were brought to the Secret Sanctuary, where they met their fifth member, Miss Martian.
As a Leader
During the formative first year of the teams existence, Aqualad was the teams leader by vote. He accepted the condition that Robin take over as leader when he was ready, as Aqualad believed he would become the true leader of the team. During his leadership he begins doubting whether he belongs here or back in Atlantis. He takes a break and visits his best friend Garth and the girl he loves Tula. Atlantis is attacked by Black Manta and Aqualad helps defend the city from his father, which he does not know of yet. He discovers that Garth and Tula are together and retakes his responsibilities as team leader.
5 Years Later
Within in this time period he pretends to betray the team and joins his father. He uses the pretenses of Aquagirl's (Tula's) death and that Aquaman kept his father's identity a secret. The plan was cooked up by Kaldur and Nightwing, with Artemis and Wally taken in the loop later. He earns Black Manta's trust by pretending to kill Artemis and not taking credit for his mission succeeding even though he failed.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Atlantean Physiology
- Water Pack: Although he can produce electricity from his body, he cannot produce water to which he could control. As such he carriers water in small packs located near his waterbearers so that when he must use them they are nearby.
- Stealth Suit: Aqualad wears a stealth suit that functions both underwater and on land. It's skin tight and allows him maximum mobility while in action.
- Waterbearers: Aqualad carries a pair of metal hilts on his back. He can use them to channel his water powers.
- Aqualad was voiced by Khary Payton.
- Because the character was originally created for the animated series before being brought into Brightest Day, he has a different origin from his comic book counterpart, including being a citizen of Atlantis rather than living in New Mexico.
- Appearances of Kaldur'ahm (Earth-16)
- Images featuring Kaldur'ahm (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about Kaldur'ahm (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Kaldur'ahm (Earth-16)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.
Young Justice member