The partially human grandson of the original Superman, Kalel Kent prepares to succeed his famous grandfather and father in adopting the heroic name of Superman on Earth in the year 2020.
Unlike his father, who adjusted to heroic life well following his famous grandfather, the young Superman III is not able to succeed in his first case against a gang known as Purists. However Kalel Kent ultimately proves his worthiness as a descendant of his grandfather when he realizes that his most powerful aspect is being a member of a heroic community rather than his own superpowers when he calls upon his father and grandfather to help him defeat the Purists. Upon defeating the Purists, his grandfather and father happily give Kalel Kent his own S shield and the identity as the new "main" Superman.
Kalel Kent along with all members of his alternate reality are presumed killed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths which destroyed their universe and historically erased him and his reality from ever happening.
- This version of Kalel Kent (Earth-2020), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 7 Appearances of Kalel Kent (Earth-2020)
- 1 Images featuring Kalel Kent (Earth-2020)
- Quotations by or about Kalel Kent (Earth-2020)
- Character Gallery: Kalel Kent (Earth-2020)