The partially human grandson of the original Superman, Kalel Kent prepares to succeed his famous grandfather and father in adopting the heroic name of Superman on Earth in the year 2020.
Unlike his father, who adjusted to heroic life well following his famous grandfather, the young Superman III is not able to succeed in his first case against a gang known as Purists. However Kalel Kent ultimately proves his worthiness as a descendant of his grandfather when he realizes that his most powerful aspect is being a member of a heroic community rather than his own superpowers when he calls upon his father and grandfather to help him defeat the Purists. Upon defeating the Purists, his grandfather and father happily give Kalel Kent his own S shield and the identity as the new "main" Superman.
Kalel Kent along with all members of his alternate reality are presumed killed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths which destroyed their universe and historically erased him and his reality from ever happening.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Many of the classic Pre-Crisis yellow sun charged Kryptonians. However due to the fact that Kalel Kent was the product of at least one Earth human in his background most notable in his paternal grandmother Lois Lane-Kent and possibly on his own mother's side, Kalel Kent possessed less than the full power of his grandfather and father in their respective primes.
Many of the classic Pre-Crisis yellow sun charged Kryptonians, such as independent Flight (but was never shown to launch himself and fly in outer space unaided) though at reduced limits to that of his grandfather in his grandfather's prime.
Obviously superhuman, the exact limit was not determined
The exact limit of his vulnerability is undetermined;
Unknown if kryptonite effected him as he was partially human.
- This version of Kalel Kent (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
- An early version of the superpowered son and superpowered grandson of the original Superman appeared in Action Comics 327. This story is stated as an "imaginary tale" and suggested not to have happened in the Pre-Crisis multiverse or at least was not never accessed by the primary realities of the Pre-Crisis multiverse.
- Like most of the written stories of the day, the heroic identity of Superman was written as being the "true" identity of the character, rather than the human aspect. This is clearly shown as Kalel Kent intentionally "kills" his human identity to be able to assume many civilian identities and alias which he does.
- Presently there is no known recreation of Kalel Kent's reality in the current 52 multiverse or in the Legion of Superheroes timeline, thus no exact known counterpart of Kalel Kent or his father Jorel Kent exists presently.
- Appearances of Kalel Kent (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kalel Kent (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kalel Kent (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kalel Kent (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: