"Kings of the Ruined Earth": Ben Boxer, Renzi and Webber acquire a portable Machine Mother unit. They attempt to tamper with it, but an automatic defense system causes the device to explode. Kamandi and Sleeper Zom take this opportunity to attack the Biomechs, but Bo
- Gee-Zus--! The Sky Soldiers nuked New Jersey!
- -- Sleeper Zom
Appearing in "Kings of the Ruined Earth"
- Big Q (a slave-owner) (Only appearance; dies)
- Micro-Locator Chip
Synopsis for "Kings of the Ruined Earth"
Ben Boxer, Renzi and Webber acquire a portable Machine Mother unit. They attempt to tamper with it, but an automatic defense system causes the device to explode. Kamandi and Sleeper Zom take this opportunity to attack the Biomechs, but Boxer's team manages to drive them off. Renzi plants a micro-locator on Kamandi's ankle, just as the two rogues flee on their motorbikes. Ben reminds his colleagues that he doesn't wish to kill Kamandi just yet. He needs him to lead them to their true objective – Machine Mother.
Kamandi and Sleeper Zom take a quick respite inside the Museum of Natural History. While Sleeper attempts to educate Kamandi concerning the history of the dinosaur skeletons, Kamandi notices a young woman inside the museum – Saphira Cohen. Saphira doesn't know who they are and runs outside.
Unfortunately, she runs into the arms of an unscrupulous businessman named Big Q. Big Q kidnaps Saphira and brings her back to his camp at Hackensack, New Jersey. He places her on an auction block and begins to raffle her off to the highest bidder.
Kamandi and Sleeper Zom decide to follow her and they rescue her from Big Q's marketplace. What they don’t realize is that Ben Boxer has tracked them down. After the rogues grab Saphira, Boxer's team nukes the entire city eradicating Big Q's marketplace.
Kamandi, Sleeper and Saphira ride off on their bikes with plans to go to Arizona. Rumors indicate that Arizona is where Kamandi's matron, the Machine Mother is located.
- This storyline takes place in an alternate continuity from that of the original Kamandi timeline.
- The character of Kamandi was created by Jack Kirby.
- Sleeper Zom makes reference to the Spielberg File while analyzing the dinosaur skeletons at the Museum of Natural History. This is a reference to the 1993 Stephen Spielberg movie, Jurassic Park.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Kamandi: At Earth's End Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Kamandi: At Earth's End series