Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Last Boy on Earth!": Kamandi is the so-called "Last Boy on Earth". Growing up in an apocalyptic future, he rides a raft down the flooded streets of what was once Manhattan. He sees a group of nomadic humans who flee at the sight of him. While studying them, Kamandi he
- Can this be the world that Grandad sent me to the surface to reclaim? Is this his dream of a joyous homecoming!?
- -- Kamandi
Appearing in "The Last Boy on Earth!"
- Kamandi (First appearance)
- Great Caesar's laser rod
- Atomic warhead
Synopsis for "The Last Boy on Earth!"
Kamandi is the so-called "Last Boy on Earth". Growing up in an apocalyptic future, he rides a raft down the flooded streets of what was once Manhattan. He sees a group of nomadic humans who flee at the sight of him. While studying them, Kamandi hears an explosion emanating from his command bunker headquarters. He races back to the base to find that someone had set off the booby traps.
Running inside, he is shocked to discover that two wolf-men named Fen and Stek have murdered his grandfather and stolen some documents that they found within the bunker's walls. The wolves attack Kamandi, but he shrugs off the assault with some well-placed karate moves. They chase him down into the tunnels that run beneath Command D, but Kamandi pulls down some wires that strikes the water, electrocuting them.
Emerging from the tunnels, Kamandi takes the Wolves' wagon and drives away. A short time later, he comes upon another amazing sight - a squad of armored Tiger-Men embroiled in armed combat against some Leopard-Men. Kamandi finds himself caught in the middle of the conflict and is captured by the Tiger-Men. The Tiger-Men leader Great Caesar bring him back to the Royal City where he is imprisoned.
Kamandi meets a dog man named Doctor Canus, who is the caretaker of Caesar's prisoners as well as the keeper of a giant nuclear warhead - a holdover from the days before the Great Disaster. Inside Canus' private laboratory, Kamandi meets one of the Nuclear People - Ben Boxer. Kamandi is ecstatic at the chance to meet another human being.
- This book was first published on August 29, 1972.
- This issue is reprinted in Kamandi Archives, Volume 1 and Kamandi #32.
- Kamandi - The Last Boy on Earth is published on a bi-monthly schedule.
- This issue contains a map detailing North America and South America following the events of the Great Disaster.
- This issue contains a one-page article entitled "The Time Capsule", written by Mark Evanier and Steve Sherman
- This issue is divided into three chapters:
- Part I: The Last Boy on Earth
- Part II: A Wolf
- Part III: The Royal City Kennels
- The cover to this issue is an homage to the 1968 Arthur P. Jacobs film, Planet of the Apes. The Statue of Liberty can be seen in ruins in the background of the cover - an obvious reference to the climatic reveal at the end of Planet of the Apes.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Kamandi Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Kamandi series
- Images from Kamandi Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.