Kamara is a demon from Hell that feeds upon human fear. When appearing on Earth, he usually manifests as a white monkey, which is what gives rise to his nickname of the Ape King. As a demon, Kamara has the same attributes and powers as other denizens of Hell, including super-human strength and invulnerability to Earthly weapons, as well as supernatural powers as needed. By the same token, Kamara is also susceptible to more powerful supernatural entities.
On two separate occasions thus far, Kamara has manifested on Earth and has tried to feed upon the fears of select groups of humans. On both of these occasions he has been opposed and ultimately returned to Hell by his fellow demon, Etrigan. On the second of these instances, Etrigan was aided by Alec Holland, the Swamp Thing.
At present, the Ape King is still more or less a prisoner in Hell, but there is always the chance that he could manifest on Earth again given the proper circumstances.
- Fear Projection
- Superhuman Strength
- Invulnerability to Earthly weapons
- Size Alteration: Kamara will grow in size if he absorbs more fear
- Power Loss Kamara feeds upon human fear: when in our dimension, he will choose a victim and project fear against him/her to activate Kamara's powers; if the victim is sucessive in overlap the fear, Kamara will be reduced to a small and weak ape-like creature.
- This version of Ape King, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 7 Appearances of Kamara (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kamara (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kamara (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kamara (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: