Kancer is a monstrous being generated by from cancerous growths removed from Superman's body. Kancer is vaguely humanoid green mass encrusted with calcified or crystalline growths.
The creatures origins are linked to Avruiskin of Pokolistan, the second "General Zod" infected Superman with a form of cancer via the use of Kryptonite. The disease ravaged his Kryptonian physiology and would have killed him had it not been for the help of Team Superman, with help of Dr. Emil Hamilton. Dr. Hamilton was able to extract the organism from his body and thus seemingly allowed him to survive.
General Zod managed to retain samples of infected cells from the incident which he cultivated. The creature grew into an entity he dubbed as Kancer. The creature had a cloned imperfect copy of Kryptonian DNA which allowed it to harm even the seemingly invulnerable Kryptonians. The grew into a humanoid green mass with calcified crystalline growths from his body.
The creature gained super strength and other Kryptonian powers but he also had a necrotic touch that dissolved as well as devoured other organisms. As the creature grew, it was embedded with the concept that it had been rejected by its "father" namely Superman. He also believed that General Zods was his second "father" as he looked after him.
At that time Metropolis was involved in a spree of murders which were made by someone with imperfect Kryptonian DNA. Superman believed it had to be Bizarro but he was in custody. Lois Lane investigated the incidents and when she was about to learn the truth, she was attacked by the feral creature but saved by Superman. As Superman demanded to know who he was, Kancer struck and injured the Man of Steel. At first, Superman was shocked as only magic was capable of harming him but remembered the creature had an imperfect Kryptonian biology. Kancer revealed his name and his origin in that he was part of his "father" but excised to which he was angry with Superman for nearly destroying him. Kancer during the fight revealed that he had a second "father" but before he could reveal the identity of this individual, Superman electrically shocked his foe, hurt but not defeated, Kancer escaped.
The Man of Steel traveled to Pokolistan where he fought the powerhouse Ignition. But he was backed up by Kancer but Superman was not alone he had brought allies Team Superman. It was Superboy who went after Kancer, but the creature could smell that Superboy was genetically related to Superman. This angered Kancer who believed that Superboy was not worthy for the S symbol and badly injured him. Superman know that they were overpowered and called for his friends to retreat. Kancer begged him to stay as he still wanted to play. General Zod then appears and breaks Superman's which was an opportune moment for the heroes to escape.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Cancerous Abbilities: Kancer has a necrotic touch that dissolved as well as devoured other organisms.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Kancer possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Kancer's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kancer can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Kancer' hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Kancer's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kancer can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Kancer's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. this ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kancer's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kancer is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Kancer is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kancer is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Kancer's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Kancer is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Kancer is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
Kancer is able to lift hundred tons in weight, however his exact limits are unknown at present as imperfect Kryptonian DNA. He is very strong since he was able to injure Superman.
- 8 Appearances of Kancer (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Kancer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kancer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kancer (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."