- This place is scary. Look how tall the buildings are!
- -- Supergirl src
Kara Zor-El is Supergirl, a member of the Justice League of the Li'l Leaguers universe, a timeline happier and less dark than the main universe. Kara is a sweet, polite and innocent child who is fond of streawberries and can not stand when her friends fight each other. Luckily their arguments use to be short-lived because her teammates are deadly frightened of her devastating sonic cries.
Kara and the rest of the League were thrown into the main universe by Mister Mxyzptlk, who considered Superman and their universe were becoming excessively dour and boring. After running into the adult versions of Superman and Batman, the Li'l Leaguers were taken to the Batcave and later the Watchtover. Although some Leaguers didn't know what to make of their counterparts, Supergirl and her main universe counterpart got along well.
When Bat-Mite brought several villains in, Supergirl stayed with the rest of the Li'l Leaguers up in the Watchtower, baby-sitted by a very disgruntled Batman, as the adult Leaguers dealt with it. Unfortunately the Li'l villains invaded the Watchtower and Li'l Superman died as fighting his world's Doomsday. As Supergirl and Batman mourned him, Mxyzptlk felt so guilty that he sent the Li'l Leaguers back to their world.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Supergirl possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Supergirl's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Supergirl can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Supergirl's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Supergirl's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Supergirl can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supergirls can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Supergirl can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Supergirl is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Supergirl is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Supergirl is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Supergirl's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Supergirl is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Supergirl is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Supergirl possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
Kara Zor-El/Supergirl was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino, first appearing in Action Comics #252. However, in the Li'l Leaguers universe Kara Zor-El/Supergirl first appeared in Superman/Batman #51 by Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Rafael Albuquerque.
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Appearances of Kara Zor-El (Li'l Leaguers)
- Images featuring Kara Zor-El (Li'l Leaguers)
- Quotations by or about Kara Zor-El (Li'l Leaguers)
- Character Gallery: Kara Zor-El (Li'l Leaguers)
- Supergirl at dccomics.com
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.