|Current Alias||The Shark|
|Affiliation||Weaponers of Qward, the Society, Terrible Trio|
|Unusual Features||Unique Physiology|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||John Broome, Gil Kane|
The explosion of an experimental atomic pile bombarded a prowling tiger shark with radiation. Millions of years of evolution occurred in a matter of minutes.
The Shark now possessed incredible mental powers, including matter manipulation and powerful energy bolts. With his mind reading ability he absorbed vast knowledge from the people around him. He found he could project fear in anyone he chose. The Shark was still motivated by one driving force, to seek prey. He used his powers to make himself appear more human, and adopted the name "T.S. Smith" to stand for "Tiger Shark."
In a Coast City restaurant, the Shark devoured dozens of bloody steaks to feed his hunger. He started a fight with a local boxing champ, only to have the champ pass out from fear.
Ordinary men would be too easy for the advanced predator, so his mind sought out Hal Jordan. Also known as Green Lantern, Jordan was completely without fear. Before destroying his foe, the Shark vowed to inject fear into the test pilot.
Jordan was contacted by the Shark and learned everything about his newest foe. He was challenged to a fight to the death.
At Ferris Aircraft, Jordan recharged his power ring to discover the interior of the aircraft hanger had been turned yellow. The Shark had learned the ring's weakness from Jordan's mind. The Shark would not allow Green Lantern to hunt him.
The Shark revealed his plan to enclose Coast City in a forcefield, creating his private hunting preserve. He would go after Carol Ferris, Tom Kalmaku and other friends of Jordan. This did not have the desired effect of instilling fear in Green Lantern. Rather, the emerald warrior doubled his will power to overcome the Shark. It was then a simple matter of regressing the Shark to his original tiger shark form. The Shark lost his mental powers, and was apparently helpless. The sea creature was brought to the Coast City aquarium and placed under guard.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Unique Physiology: The Shark was an ordinary shark which was caught in an explosion which transformed his physiology into that of a more humanoid appearance. Along with his new appearance he gained strange new powers and enhanced his regular beastial abilities.
- Amphibian: The Shark can survive both in and out of water. He doesn't weaken after long periods of time out of the water and gains no added advantages while within water.
- Fear Projection: The Shark can sense and project people's fears around him. His fearful projections are only mental however a strong enough push by the Shark can allow him to create shields or mental blasts.
- Superhuman Strength: The Shark has powerful muscles which only grow strong if he grows in size.
- Superhuman Speed: The Shark has strong muscles in his body which allow him to push through the water or air at incredible speeds.
- Superhuman Durability: The Shark has durable skin which has a rough texture. This allows him to withstand powerful blasts of energy and most physical damage.
- Fangs: The Shark's favorite weapon is, of course, his large teeth which he uses to chomp down on his prey.
- Flight: Through unknown means the Shark can fly just as well as he can swim.
- Size Alteration: With enough fear and willpower, The Shark can increase his size to incredible amounts. Large enough to dwarf a small island, his strength and abilities seemingly increase along with his size.
- 46 Appearances of Karshon (New Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Karshon (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Karshon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Karshon (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."