It was suggested that Kathy Kane was extremely infatuated with Batman to the point that she assumed the costume identity of Batwoman in order to get close to him and hopefully engage in an emotional relationship with him. It worked, but not quite in the way she had hoped, as Batman wanted her to retire from the role for fear that she would be hurt in her costumed exploits. Kane would continue to operate in her costumed identity until around the early-1950s when she learned that Batman had become deeply romantically interested in someone in his unmasked identity.
While Wayne never revealed his identity to her, or explicitly told her of his private life, she said she knew of his change in his attitude to her and assumed as such. She largely retired from her costumed role soon after this, though she continued to "help out" Batman on occasion, not realizing that Dick Grayson had replaced Wayne in the role. 
She learned that Wayne was the original Batman when his costume identity was revealed to the general public with the death of Wayne's wife. It was not revealed if Wayne ever returned her feelings after the death of Selina, but it was suggested that Wayne did for she lamented about her feelings for Wayne when the Earth-One Wayne came to Earth-Two suggesting that she and the Earth-Two Wayne had finally revealed their feelings to each other directly. Kane realized that he was not the love of her life reborn, but was a completely new person. She finally realized that her chance at loving Batman was over and retired from the role and settled down to a civilian life. 
If she had not died in the intervening years since that meeting with the Earth-One Batman, she was killed along with everyone else on Earth-Two in the Crisis on Infinite Earths and completely erased from history.
- A lot of the history of the Batwoman of Earth-Two is unknown as she has only two confirmed recorded appearances. One could argue that much of her early history prior to retirement mirrors that of her Earth-One counterpart.
- This version of Katherine Kane (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.