Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- They call me Cinnamon. Hate the name.
- -- Katherine Manser src
Kate Manser was born some time during the late 19th century. She lived with her father, a sheriff in a territory in Wyoming. One evening, a group of bank robbers stumbled upon Sheriff Manser, shortly after evading capture during a heist. They ruthlessly gunned the sheriff down, and Kate was placed into an orphanage.
Growing up, Kate knew little pleasure but for the driving need to avenge her father’s death. Determined to track down the killers, she spent every waking moment honing her shooting skills. She also developed a talent for handling knives and Japanese shuriken.
When Kate turned eighteen, she left the orphanage and began a long quest to track down each man responsible for her father's death. It was at this point that she became known by the alias, Cinnamon. The reason why she inherited such a name is unknown, but it was never one that she looked upon favorably.
Over the course of several years, Cinnamon hunted down each of her father's killers, exacting cold vengeance upon them by way of her six-gun. Her journey eventually brought her to the Louisiana town of St. Roch around the year 1898. Cinnamon discovered the last surviving killer, a man named Graydon at a local saloon. Aware of Graydon's weakness for gambling, she baited him into a poker game – a game where she deliberately allowed him to catch her cheating. This prompted Graydon to open fire upon her. Cinnamon reacted quickly and gunned him down, but she found that she also had added assistance from a masked hero known as Nighthawk.
Nighthawk convinced Cinnamon to help him rescue a man named Cyrus Evans from a lynch mob. Cyrus was wrongfully accused of killing a businessman named Bois Garvey. Cinnamon and Nighthawk routed the mob and made sure that Evans received a fair trial.
During this time, Cinnamon and Nighthawk embarked upon a whirlwind romance. They decided to stay in St. Roch whereupon they each shared in many adventures. Some time later, Matilda Dunney Roderic – the woman who led the lynch mob against Cyrus Evans, murdered Nighthawk, and Cinnamon found herself once again vowing to avenge the death of a man she loved. Cinnamon and Matilda Dunney had a final showdown with one another – a fight that cost both women their lives.
- Reincarnation: the Nth metal knife which murdered Chay-Ara had an unusual effect upon her soul and that of her lover Khufu. The pair are locked in a seemingly endless cycle of death and rebirth throughout the centuries.
- Equestrianism: Cinnamon was a capable horseback rider, and cultivated a strong bond with her horse.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Cinnamon was an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant.
- Firearms: Cinnamon was an expert marksman.
- Throwing: Notably Japanese throwing stars.
Cinnamon usually rode from town to town on a horse, but occasionally traveled by carriage as well.
Colt Revolver; Japanese shuriken
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Despite the similarity in name, Kate Manser is not related to the modern day Cinnamon.
- There has been a musical produced based on the legend of Cinnamon, titled Cinnamon Get Your Gun. This is an obvious reference to the musical Annie Get Your Gun.
- 20 Appearances of Katherine Manser (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Katherine Manser (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Katherine Manser (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Katherine Manser (New Earth)