Katmos was the ruler of a race of beings that evolved from iron, as opposed to being based on the element carbon, and is a creature of living metal. As a result, his skin is slippery and even Flash has a hard time holding onto his body. His race ruled the Earth some eight million years in the past until their civilization was wiped out by a meteor that crashed into the Earth. Katmos, alone, managed to cheat death by sealing himself in a suspended animation tube.
Freed years later by an archaeologist searching for artifacts of early man, Katmos decided to conquer the world once more. Using his mind-control ray, he started a series of thefts that would aid his goals, which brought the attention of the Flash. Even though he initially captured the Flash and placed the fastest man alive in a tube that would increase Flash's weight 1,000 fold, Flash managed to free himself and knock out Katmos.
Following the battle, Flash turned Katmos over to the police, his current whereabouts and status following Crisis on Infinite Earths is unknown.
- Alien Physiology: Katmos is a being comprised of Iron, and probably has enhanced durability and has similar physical properties of that metal.
- This version of Katmos, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Katmos (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Katmos (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Katmos (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Katmos (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: